348 front fender/wing question | FerrariChat

348 front fender/wing question

Discussion in '348/355' started by jkuk, Mar 2, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jkuk

jkuk Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Wirral, UK
    Full Name:
    John K
    #1 jkuk, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi all, long time since I posted here but a regular lurker. I have the common problem of rust on 348 lower front wings (item 55 in the picture) and so want to replace them. I think its too far gone to warrant repair.

Can anyone advise if this is a bolt on part, or if it needs to be welded on ?, Also, anyone know what item 56 is ?

Does the front fender/wing completley come off just by undoing bolts ?

Thanks for any help
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    #2 Miltonian, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
    I believe the answer to your question is that the front wings are entirely bolted on (7 per side?) with the exception of three spot welds on the rear edge.

I don't recall what item #56 is, it's listed as "fender front protection" qty. 2 (1 per side).

3. mad dog

mad dog Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    suffolk uk
    Full Name:
    andrew
    Tis true, there are some spot welds on one side. these go from easy chisel off to more concentrated effort depending on past repairs etc.
    what is tricky is fitting the new wings, i have had 3 new front wings now in last 2 years all from ferrari and they are not the easiest of fits, indeed i was very glad in hands of a decent bodyshop.

4. jkuk

jkuk Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Wirral, UK
    Full Name:
    John K
    thanks guys,

I will take out the inner wheel arches and just see what is connected to what -

in theory it doesnt sound hard - but that is theory :)