348 Issues | Page 2 | FerrariChat

348 Issues

Discussion in '348/355' started by BRYM, Apr 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Gotcha....

2. aballas

aballas Karting

Jul 29, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Truth

Going on a year of ownership now and my biggest expense has been my own labor.

I bought a car that had been sitting for a while, fresh major, but otherwise not really gone through.

First couple of drives killed the seals on my TO bearing. About $20 in seals (from the dealership no less), and about 3 hrs of my time.

Old poorly installed alarm system was preventing the power locks from working. $0, but at least 4 hours of my time tearing the center console and dash apart tracing, removing and repairing the wiring.

Oil seeping from shift shaft. Another $3 seal and another hour and a half cursing at the underside of the engine.

Closed one of the doors a little too hard. Broke some wiring connections. About $20 for new connectors and an hour fiddling with brittle old wires.

Honestly my biggest expense and time suck was cosmetic. I stripped and refinished the seats. Probably 15 hours in that job and whatever leatherique costs... I forget now. But the results are beautiful.

The car really hasn't been a hassle at all to own, and now that it's being driven regularly it's not nearly as temperamental. And my garage floor is even mostly dry under it! Believe it or not it's actually my most reliable vehicle. (between a California and a 1966 Toyota Land Cruiser)

I'm actually looking forward to tackling the major in a couple of years as it will be a chance to refresh even more and make it even better.

bballto, Zulf and steved033 like this.
  3. jfor348

jfor348 Rookie

Apr 14, 2016
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    John Foreman
    Ya that’s really excessive. Mine’s average maybe 1,000.00 a year over 17 years. I really stretch those majors out though.

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Even if you didn’t stretch out the major, that is a much higher than average yearly cost

5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I do not think Zulf pulled the trigger either.