348 - 348 Parts Thread | Page 25 | FerrariChat

348 348 Parts Thread

Discussion in '348/355' started by plugzit, Mar 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Paulus 348

Paulus 348 Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2020
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Paulus Hollander
    i found 2 sets

2. marc556

marc556 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 15, 2007
    Wiltz (Lux)
    Full Name:
    Marc Foyen
  3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have removed this from the 348 Parts list as it is no longer available.

4. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    File updated and attached here.

Attached Files:

5. MyBackHurts

MyBackHurts Rookie

Aug 11, 2021
    Looking at buying and working on my first 348 - hugely useful. Thank you.

6. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My pleasure. That's what the 348 Brotherhood is all about.

ILLA NOIZ likes this.
  7. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I had a 5 year old copy. Its great that was updated, it takes time and effort not to mention caring. Thanks Mike.

8. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Np

9. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Thank you for this, Mike!

AceMaster likes this.
  10. Wyatt_1st

Wyatt_1st Rookie

Aug 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Wyatt
    Hello everyone Im brand new here and also brand new owner of a 1990 348 Spyder My name is wyatt and im in rural Austin Texas . Im so glad I found this site but more importantly this thread on the 348 .unfortunately my 348 was damaged in shipment to me from out of state My turn signal arm was in the center console (bad sign) so I called the Ferrari dealer here in Austin took it down to them only to learn the part in the steering column was broke beyond repair and that this part was no longer made by Ferrari but they knew of one I could by for the price of $3,162.00 plus $1200.00 install labor. Welcome to the Ferrari world always wanted a 348 but always bought 911s or corvette because i knew them and could wrench on them myself. So here is my question to all of you in this thread Does anyone know of the other cars that may use that same inner turn signal assembly inside the steering column as a 348? i read all 25 pages of this thread and im impressed with the knowledge here. So i need to find the unit for hopefully under the dealer price at the $ferrari dealer and hopefully can install it myself as i cant register it with no turn signals / also if anyone has done this repair taking the column apart how difficult is it as well as how many hours for the job. I know i need a service manual parts manual for the car but havent found one for a reasonable price yet cheapest i have found was $550. and i had to print the 500+ pages myself and need to find the part first. any and all help is appreciated you guys seem to be gearheads and work on your cars I like that. If I own it i work on it! Thanks for any and all help in advance . oh here is 2 pictures of my car i cant register because of the turn signal problem Thank You and speed safely! Wyatt P
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  11. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #611 Qavion, Sep 25, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    Welcome to the forum... and 348 ownership... Wyatt.

For parts, most folks will simply to one of the parts sellers websites and use their catalogues:

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/348-27-motronic/

Bookmark the above link in your browser for faster access. Once you have the part number, you simply Google for the best prices or ask the folks here if they have any hot tips.

I googled briefly and found this:

https://www.ebay.com/p/24011271365

I'm no expert, but Wiki says that Spiders were not produced until 1993???

Most folks use the pdf version of the manual. As they are so large, it's hard to provide links for these. They are available online (at least for the coupe) at places such as emanualsonline.com

e.g. https://www.emanualonline.com/cars/ferrari/348/ferrari-348-workshop-manual-emo-132.html?

The wiring diagrams are very poor in some of these manuals. Most folks come to me for free, hand-drawn, coloured wiring diagram.

12. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Here is another parts seller catalogue showing column switches:

https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/part/ferrari/134062?id=46963

Note that some websites advertise parts, but don't actually have them in stock or revise their prices when you make enquiries. £715.32 seems unusually cheap.

Ugh.. just re-read my previous message... Sorry for the poor English.

13. Wyatt_1st

Wyatt_1st Rookie

Aug 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Wyatt
    Thank you for the info This was a shock to find this part damaged and not working so now we can add that all Ferrari sellers are not honest and i would never had suspected that. the turn signal arm was found in the center console when the car was delivered and its ears that it inserts into the steering coulmn was broken so for lack of a cheap plastic part the ferrari dealer here says you have to but the whole unit that controls all your lights but Its only the turn signals that dont allow it to be registered as it wont pass safety inspection here in Texas and to answer your question abour 348 spyders my car is a Straman conversion done in august 1998 so im no expert on anything Ferrari just that i love the body style and now wish Id never bought it from a dishonest seller. But i can say people here have mostly been stellar in helping foe answers and info for that sir I thank you for your time and help but cant help wonder if I only need a small part or if this was used in other cars ( non Ferrari) where i can find it more reasonable or just the small plastic part that the stalk plugs into all lights and everything else works fine and im not even going into other things the seller never disclosed this has been a experience that no one wants to go through as we assume all people are honest. but once againthanks to all of you for your time, help and information you have a fine and knowledgeable group here Thanks wyatt

14. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Interesting, thanks. I didn't know about this version. I now see it's mentioned in this message thread:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1990-348-straman-spider-348-ts.531625/

I guess most of the parts on your car will be from the earlier 348 series. Probably best to bookmark this link, too:

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/ferrari/348-1993-tb-ts/

Sometimes you have to open up your wallet with these cars until someone finds a way to 3D print these sub-components (but even then it's expensive).

By the way, sometimes it's better to ask 348-specific questions on the 348/355 forum rather than the Tech forum. The folks there may have a suggestion.

Good luck!

15. Wyatt_1st

Wyatt_1st Rookie

Aug 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Wyatt
    Thanks to all of you who replied seems to be a great group of people appreciate your help. I would like to ask has anyone put the unit into a steering column that part im referring to is Ferrari part # 154563 which controls turn signals and all lights is it as smiple as removing the steering wheel and the upper shroud around the steering column or does the whole column have to come out of the car before you can install this part? also im not sure as to this statement being new to this site real new anyway here is the quote (By the way, sometimes it's better to ask 348-specific questions on the 348/355 forum rather than the Tech forum. The folks there may have a suggestion.) so this is the tech section is what i think it means and there is a 348/355 forum in another section do i have that right? Thanks again in advance wyatt p

16. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry, my mistake. I think I was in autopilot mode again. You have the right sub-forum. Having said that, I believe this "parts" message thread was originally for folks offering information on parts (alternative manufacturers, etc), If you have any maintenance/repair questions, it may be best to start a new message thread in this 348/355 sub-forum rather than filling up this parts-specific message thread.

I believe you are correct, excluding the "simple" part. You may need to fabricate or buy tools to remove the steering wheel.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/348-steering-wheel-nut-tool-broken-turn-signal.198462/#post-137723589

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/348-steering-hub-removal-tool-recommendations.351910/#post-141119069

17. 348Jeff

348Jeff Formula 3

Oct 25, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Early Ferrari 348 with ATE calipers (as opposed to the later Brembos) piston dust covers.....

https://www.dinoparts.com/en/parts-accessories/ferrari/348/brakes/brake-calipers/11400/kit-to-overhaul-brake-caliper

The codes on the seals supplied by above are B4426 and B4424

The B4426 are available from Bigrred in the UK, however I haven't found the B4424 anywhere but Bigrred suppled me with B4380 as an alternative which do fit but would need a bigt of glue etc to keep the cover from riding up on the lip on the caliper. See details in thread below with pics

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/148136856/

NB
    B4426 are for: Volvo 740 744 Saloon 2.3 1984 to 1992
    B4424/B4380 are for: rear of a merc clk/saab/calibras

18. Tony Moore

Tony Moore Rookie

Oct 16, 2019
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Tony Moore
    I don't suppose anyone has found a source for the Ignition lead spark plug end connector? They are proving hard to find outside official channels here in the UK and they are stupid expensive as a set from Ferrari (£1,500 for a set of plug wires and connectors!). The Bosch part number is 0356150020 and even official Bosch suppliers can't quote on them. Autodoc shows them at £40 each but no stock (and may never be).

Thx in advance

Tony

19. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
  20. FSM348

FSM348 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2017
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Dan Smith
    #620 FSM348, Dec 16, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    (EDIT: have you looked these guys up? http://www.italiancarparts.com/ignitionwires/Ferrari.html )

Also, perhaps look at something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-WR5934-Spark-Plug-Wire/dp/B000BYD9OE/ref=sr_1_29?keywords=spark+plug+wire+connector&qid=1639685255&s=automotive&sr=1-29

This may not fit but if it does *and* if it has the appropriate resistance (I believe 5 ohms?) it is at least a good start. If it doesn't match up to your other connection ends then just send it back to Amazon.

Tony Moore likes this.
  21. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    5k ohms.

...and the closest thing I've found is https://www.beruparts.com/product.sc?productId=327&categoryId=11 it fits, it's about the right height, but there's no sealing and the factory boot won't work on it. In a pinch, some foam could be cut to hold it centered, but IMO, it won't be water resistant. I have thoughts on a "non-oe look" purely functional seal, but haven't had time to act on it.

sjd

Tony Moore likes this.
  22. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Is your plug end broken, or just dead? the official beru number is 0300332110, and is also not available except in the plug wire set.

sjd

Tony Moore likes this.
  23. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Kingsborne also offer a complete set for a slightly better price. They claim they source them from Italy, so someone has the parts there:
    IGN10331 Spark Plug Wires Ignition Wire Set (kingsbornewires.com)

Tony Moore likes this.
  24. Polygaryd

Polygaryd Karting

May 8, 2020
    Arizona United States of America
    Full Name:
    Paco Ramirez

Yeah so they must have changed the filter dryer or the one I received was in the wrong box because I ordered a 4 seasons 33363 (the box says 33363) and the port that is capped off isn't an 1/8"mpt. I bought the same 1/4"flare x 1/8"mpt adapters (only came in a pack of 5 at United Refrigeration with schrader preinstalled. I cant get it to even start threading in the hole. So i took the plug that it came from the factory with and tested the threads its a 3/16" f-orb (female o-ring boss) plug/hole actual thread if you need to use a die or a tap is is 3/8"-24. So did you cross thread yours to make it work or what?

25. Polygaryd

Polygaryd Karting

May 8, 2020
    Arizona United States of America
    Full Name:
    Paco Ramirez
    Yeah So I Just re threaded the 1/8" mip to 3/16" sae straight thread used by flare and orb fittings and it threads in perfect. Now the issue is that there isn't a spot for the oring to land on because the spot where a wrench could go isn't wide enough so a brass or copper washer needs to be added and braised to the fitting. i feel like it would be better to re thread the port in the filter dryer to 1/8" fip to properly accept the 1/4" flare x 1/8" mip fitting.