348 Passenger Window | FerrariChat

348 Passenger Window

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Jim Riggs, Apr 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jim Riggs

Jim Riggs Karting

Jan 25, 2004
    I cannot get the passenger window to go up on my 348. I have read several threads on this topic that suggested that the coupler for the electrical cable have its connectors cleaned, but I have tried that without success. When I try to raise the window using the switch on the drivers door, the light in the switch on the passenger's door flashed off, which indicates to me that the electrical connection into the passenger's door are working. Anyone had any experience with this type of problem? Thanks, Jim

2. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#2 Ricambi America, Apr 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Jim -

There were some threads awhile back on "slow windows", and pretty well detailed the cleaning/rebuild of the regulators, switches, and motors. Sounds to me like it's not the switch, but the motor which has basically seized and it's sucking up so much juice that you're dimming the switch lights. If I remember correctly, the grease used on the motor becomes extremely brittle with age and you basically need to hack/carve/chip it away.

** I have attached the parts manual pages for the windows/doors as a PDF file. See if that helps **

The whole situation can be fixed however, with about ONE part for $24.95.

http://www.improvementscatalog.com/product.asp?product=159072zz&dept_id=18000&subdept_id=18140&cm_ven=&cm_cat=&cm_ite=&macs=
    Image Unavailable, Please Login