348 spark plugs? | FerrariChat

348 spark plugs?

Discussion in '348/355' started by plugzit, Oct 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    Has anyone used a plug other than the Champion A6G called for in the manual and had noticibly better performance? What did you use?

2. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Have always used NGKs in my 348 and 355 they seem to work better. Regards, Vern

3. PassionIsFerrari

PassionIsFerrari Formula 3

Aug 15, 2004
    what model NGK?

4. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    I am assuming your asking about the 348? I sold my car a few years ago and the records went with it. You call any parts place and they would know. Regards, Vern.

5. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
  6. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

7. chrisx666

chrisx666 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    YorkshireUK
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    Another vote for NGK DR8EIX. Idle is noticably smoother, though one of the plugs I replaced had a damaged terminal which may have had more to do with it.

Denso do an iridium plug with an even smaller electrode, but they were over double the price of the NGK's so I didn't bother trying them.

8. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    "Should I gap my Iridium Plugs?
    The manufacturers say NO.
    This is because most people do not know how to properly gap a spark plug, and the center electrodes on the ultra-fine iridium can easily snap if mishandled. There is no warranty for snapped center electrodes. The manufacturers say an iridium spark plug will run so much better than a traditional plug, even if it is not gapped for that motor, that they would prefer you just leave it rather than risk snapping the center electrode "

NGK calls for a 0.25 gap...should you gap the iridiums or not? -- clubnet says don't touch 'em

9. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Do not bother to gap the plug. There is no need to do so anymore. It should be set right when they package them at the factory, so dont bother. Just throw them in. :)

10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    DO NOT change the gap on Iridiums...the tips are too fragile, and you risk damaging them...it says so right on the box they come in!

11. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    get rid of the champions! ill never use them again . after installing not one , but 2 defective plugs ....!

12. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Yep yep. Champion make good lawn mower spark plugs. Thats about it. They are sh*t. :D