348 TOOL KIT - DO YOU WANT TO SWAP? | FerrariChat

348 TOOL KIT - DO YOU WANT TO SWAP?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Volair, Feb 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Volair

Volair Karting

Apr 11, 2013
    Carmel, Indiana
    Full Name:
    Bart
    #1 Volair, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    I am in the process of going through my 348 to ensure everything is perfect and I a noticed that the tool kit that I have may not be right. It is in excellent shape and 100% complete but the straps in the front trunk are too shot to accommodate it.

So, I figured I ask whether anyone here may have the opposite problem - your toolkit that is too small for your car. If so, maybe you want to swap.

Please note that I am only looking for a COMPLETE kit in very good condition like mine.

Thank you,

Bart

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Please note, it's not a 348 kit if it doesn't have the ratchet, spark plug socket and extension.

3. Volair

Volair Karting

Apr 11, 2013
    Carmel, Indiana
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Thanks Wade. Learn something new every day. This is what came with the car when I bought it.

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I learned the same after my first 348. It had the wrong one as well. There are a couple of threads here on it.

My info comes from the Ferrari parts book. Every version of the 348 tool kit shows the ratchet and etc.

The one you have... I can't recall right now which car it goes to. But I'll get the info later if someone doesn't first.

5. Pangea

Pangea Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
  6. Volair

Volair Karting

Apr 11, 2013
    Carmel, Indiana
    Full Name:
    Bart
    #6 Volair, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    I think mine actually is for 1995 F355. How it ended up in my 1990 348ts no clue.

I am also going to post this FS section as it may simply be easier to sell this one and hopefully procure the correct one from someone else.

7. Pangea

Pangea Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2011
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I think they can also sit vertically. This is probably correct. Ive seen both ways. There may be some slight differences in the US version as opposed to the Euro. Maybe bulbs.

Lots of these kits were left out of cars and kept by owners over the years and then replaced with the wrong type by new owners or dealers. My car was no different. I have the correct one now as shown above.

8. CH_348

CH_348 Karting

Nov 10, 2016
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Chris Steinacker
    I have the same toolkit as (the big one) for sale if anyone is interested. Bought it in 2017 since I wanted to complete my 348tb but after finding out it belongs to a 355 I‘d be happy to sell it to a 355 owner

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

9. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Yes the kit you have I believe is from a 355. 348 had two versions a vertical and horizontal, but both with a ratchet and spark plug tool. My car actually has a 512 TR tool kit which has a ratchet and spark plug it was that way when I bought it it was just laying in there and the strap is too short to go around it. I went to a department store and bought a close matching woman's belt and cut it and made an extender strap and it looks great. Definitely not Concourse, but no one would ever notice. I'll post a pic when I get home

10. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT