348 TS Overheating | Page 2 | FerrariChat

348 TS Overheating

Discussion in '348/355' started by Kevinbag, Oct 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #26 No Doubt, Oct 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #27 No Doubt, Oct 31, 2007
    Pic 4 is removing the "fragile" black plastic radiator cap from the leftside Ferrari 348 radiator after 12 years of high heat use:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #28 No Doubt, Oct 31, 2007
  4. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #29 No Doubt, Oct 31, 2007
    Pic 6 is the "Fragile" black plastic radiator cap replaced back on my metal 348 left side radiator core...save for the last metal locking tab for which I've placed my sole tool for this job, a flatblade screwdriver, on top:

5. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #30 No Doubt, Oct 31, 2007

Yeah, I sure did. It hasn't even been an hour and I've done it again, photographed the job (because it is *that* easy to do), and posted those photos so that other Fchatters can see that you don't know the first thing about Ferraris, Vern.

Enjoy eating crow...

6. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    LOL Hit a nerve there did I? Getting a little worked up aren't ya hahaha and Isn't that nice you can take apart a radiator! I certainly wouldn't put it in my car and use it again. Relax nothing you can produce will get me to believe you really understand the engineering or mechanics behind these cars because you don't, you put up a good bluff. To many of your posts prove that to me! To me you are just someone who loves to get attention and likes to spin stuff around to make yourself knowledgeable, you would make a good politician

Besides all I was getting at was that most radiator shops would not want to try to repair one these plastic style units it would be better to replace the old part. I would feel more secure in my car out in the middle of nowhere than usin' the "duct tape method of repair"

7. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #32 No Doubt, Oct 31, 2007
    Vern, you don't know what you're talking about. You never have.

You were giving out bad advice by trying to convince people that Ferrari 348 and 355 radiators can't be serviced.

...and you're still in denial that you've been handed your own legs. Sort of like the bloody knight in the picture below, you just aren't capable of admitting that you are out of your league here:

8. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways

9. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    You can blabber and blunder all you want I will stick by my post and continue have "no doubt" you are misguided as usual and hope no one takes your advice on doing what you did to your radiator and
    then reistall to use it again. Gotta go need go find mt neoprene head gaskets hahaha!!!

10. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    #35 No Doubt, Nov 1, 2007
    Yeah, right. What are you going to do next, bite my kneecaps?!

11. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    LOL You just don't quit do ya? What are you 8.
    Call a radiator shop and ask them if they would recommend doing what you did and then reusing the unit, and if they have done it which I'm sure there are costomers that have asked them to, ask them what kind of luck they had with the unit.

Oh by the way cool pics. this has been fun hahaha

12. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Glad you like the pics! Perhaps you could post a few of your own...such as with your engine bonnet cover actually *raised* for once...

13. Kevinbag

Kevinbag Karting

Apr 6, 2007
    Cape Town
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The moment I get the revs up to about 2200rpm the temp starts coming down fast even standings still. It never overheat if it is over about 20km/h

14. Kevinbag

Kevinbag Karting

Apr 6, 2007
    Cape Town
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Guys I have really enjoyed that friendly chat! on how to fix my car and I have learnt a lot, thanks very much. I am not doing anything to it until after Sunday which is our Ferrari owners club run (one of the oldest clubs in the world at 40). Most of the run will be at 200km/h or faster so it wont overheat. Just keep the revs up on parking. Then I think I will take the radiators out to get them properly cleaned out.

15. No Doubt

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Offhand I'd say that your fan on one or more of your radiators isn't turning fast enough at idle. That could be due to bad voltage (e.g. an alternator or battery issue or wiring problem such as corrosion) or due to a failing fan motor (or inefficient fan blades such as from an obstruction).