348 vs 355 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

348 vs 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by DriverA, Apr 21, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Actually, dude I just said that stuff to be nice. No man in his right mind would buy a hair dresser's car. Oops, did I just say that out loud?!! :p DOH!

:D :D :D

2. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    No, for one simple reason, I prefer the looks and the rawness of the 348. I could have gone to a 55 this time around but the 48 (Berlinetta rather than Spider this time) won out.

I do know quite a few 355s and I have driven one, only to 170mph mind you (I even like the F1 box).

I was trying to give a balanced opinion even though my subjective bias falls towards the 348.

Regarding to 7 secs advantage at Fiorino, like I said, how many of us ever take them to those sort of limits? :)

3. dkny

dkny Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    Full Name:
    dave
    Thats really great, but a z06 is quicker than both, the 355 and the 360, should we buy our cars based on track times, if that's the case we can save even more money and get the new nissan, that blows away your 355's. I got my ferrari for the passion of driving a ferrari. I drove the 355 and thought it was great, yeah it was faster than my 348. But if you are like most guys driving your not going at nearly the cars performance capabilities, so whats the point. Oh, you can post that your car is faster. So show us a pic of your car going that fast, or are all these statistics things you have just read on the boards. Me I have had my car to the 140ish area, yeah it still goes faster , but I do not nead to take it there to enjoy it, after all, its a ferrari, I can enjoy it whether its going 10 mph or parked in my garage. Drive them both. what makes you feel better, buy that one, there both great, there FERRARIS

4. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    It seems to me you consider a 348/355 because they're 'newer' Ferrari's in the prospective purchaser's price range. If you truly want a more mechanical, old school car why even consider a 348? I'd go for a 308/328.

5. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    Heresy I tell you! Raise the yard arm, we'll teach this whelp a thing or two.

6. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Had to fan the fire a little bit, I was afraid we'd go off just bashing the the 360 and that's too easy :D

7. chenshan

chenshan Karting

Jul 28, 2004
    Taiwan
    Full Name:
    Chenshan Wu
    I hate to see this happen all the time. I bought my 348 4 years ago and it is the most delight thing I ever done.
    Sadly, when I fisrt visited this forum, I only saw brothers blamed on each other.
    How come? We are all Ferrari, right?
    I did test drive 355 several times but I didn't feel that fast as I thought.
    I end up bought a 01 996TT but still keep my 348.
    With K24/18gs on my 996TT, I can run 0-100 3.8secs, 100-200 6.9 secs, 200-300 18.8 secs and 337km/h was the top end I can dare to reach.
    Just get what you want!

PS. I still in love with my Ferrari, makes my heart beating all the time!

8. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    We were all pretty bored over the long winter and decided to stir things up a bit..:p

Not to worry were all brothers and fratellis alike

Plus we know were better than those damn 360/430 wieners....:D:D:D

9. DriverA

DriverA Karting

Sep 11, 2007
    Scandinavia
    Hi Guys - Thanks a lot for the advise.
    I was yesterday visiting Ferrari Days in Denmark (about 100 Ferraris) I spoked with many 348/355 owners.
    I think I will look for a 348tb with low milage (maybe a 328 with low milage) Maybe a yellow one - It look very nice.
    When the MGA is sold and the new Ferrari is in my garage I will be back on this threed.

10. Crocket

Crocket Rookie

Nov 19, 2006
    Toronto Ontario
    Full Name:
    Sonny Melanson
    I know this amounts to nothing more than bench racing, but those numbers were for an early model 348. If you had one of the later models, especially a SS or Challenge 348, the times are virtually identical around Fiorano.

Sonny

P.S. I like both btw, just thought I'd add something to the discussion.

11. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    Well to the armchair racing hell.... :). Point taken on the 'early 348'............... if that is the case though, then the 'early 348' was being compared to an 'early 355' .............. ;)

12. FandLcars

FandLcars F1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2006
    Tempe, Az
    Full Name:
    Rick Schumm
    Ha Ha Ha!! I'm sure the Fratelli are very glad to have you in their fold, Goth ;) I do think, however, that the 348 was a much much earlier version than the 355. If memory serves, I think it may have even had the paleolithic wheels :)

13. Dr.T348

Dr.T348 Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Chicago NW Burbs
    Full Name:
    Richard T.
    If you look at the Fiorano track times the '94 348 CH is faster than the 355 6 speed and equal to the 355 F1. Not everyone can own a 348 CH!

I would hope the 355 is faster than the 348. I would hope as well the 360 is faster than the 355.

Cadilac Escalade will do 0-60 as fast as the 348. So what!

The corvette Z06 or a Viper is certainly faster than either. If you want fast go one of these.

14. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    ...lol.......... though sometimes it seems when it comes to causing problems around here..... I am on my own..... :( ...................... ;) :D

C'mon this is all comic banter..... :eek: ................. of course there are lots of 'other' cars that go faster than the 348/355 but few look/sound as good doing it.......... ;)

BTW...... the 348 will severely waste the Escalade around 'Fiorano'......... :cool:

15. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    What I love is pulling up beside a new Z06 and having everyone including the vette passengers point and thumbs up for me...:D

16. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    nah ... that's your wife they're applauding Rob ;)

17. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    :)

...... lol ........... this may be true...... ;)

18. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Ya your probably right..:(

19. Andy348

Andy348 Formula 3

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Just go for the one that looks better to you.

355 has more power, but valve issues can be a female dog ;)

348 has less power, but no major engine problems.. at least not usually.

I personally like the 348 better, but hey, to each his own!

Good luck choosing, and when/if you get one, don't forget to post pictures!

Andy

20. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

21. Monkieman9

Monkieman9 Rookie

May 3, 2008
    Grosse Ile, MI
    Full Name:
    LJD
    With the improvements made in the ride and handling of the 355, I wouldn't buy a 348 now.
    Get yourself a 99 with the F1 trans and you will never regret it.

22. DriverA

DriverA Karting

Sep 11, 2007
    Scandinavia
    Hi 348 guys - Thanks for all the advise.

I found my new car yesterday - a 348GT Competizione No.47/50 (no. 47 out of 50 made)
    This car have been in a collectors garage all the time - the car has as far I can see never been out in rain, it still has the plastic on the carpets and the spedometer show km 5300 - the car is absolutly like a new. I will put picture on soon.
    This 348GTC is a fantastic driver - much better on the small road in the country than my 512TR.
    I will not sell my MGA - but I will NOW sell my Dino 246GT serie L - the car have been in my garage for 20 years.

23. gothspeed

gothspeed F1 World Champ

May 26, 2006
    U.S.A.
    Full Name:
    goth
    :eek: .................... congratulations and welcome to the '348 brotherhood' :D!!!

24. Armenhaz

Armenhaz Karting

Nov 8, 2005
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Not on the track!!! 355 is much slower, please check the numbers, its not even close. For two cars that have roughly the same horsepower, the 360 blows away the 355. Its a great car (the 355), but not better (at least objectively):)

25. gandalfthegray.

gandalfthegray. Formula Junior

Jul 18, 2006
    Pinewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Steve

Goth owned by the brotherhood! :)