348 wheel spacers, what size and type? | FerrariChat

348 wheel spacers, what size and type?

Discussion in '348/355' started by GQ IMAGE, Oct 9, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GQ IMAGE

GQ IMAGE Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    GQ IMAGE
    I saw the posts from the Saturday 348 update project and his car looks great with the spacers. He is running 15mm type 1 in the front and 25mm type 2 in the rear. My question is who else is running spacers and what size and type are on your 348 and what do you think?

2. henkie

henkie La Passione...
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 13, 2005
    Deil,The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    henkie
    I fitted mine with the same sizes 5 months ago.
    Mine came also from Hill Engineering (UK).

For the looks the car really needs the spacers, especially at the rear.
    But I did it also for another very important matter: high(er) speed stability.
    It improved quite a lot, but didn't clear all though.

Spoke to the dealer (also races) and he said I really should try to go back to original front and leave the 25mm at the rear.
    So I'm gonna try that on short term.

From a little distance the car looks so much better with the 25mm spacers.
    Just fatter / wider. And no "fast and the furious" look. It could have been like it came from the factory like this.
    (In fact it did with the 94/95 348spider)

3. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

If you're going for performance and handling improvements alone, use 25mm type 2 in the rear -only-.

If you want a bit of performance increase and better looks on all 4-corners, use 25mm type-2 in the rear, and 15mm type-1 in the front. No extra hardware needed, they come with everything you'll need.

(Mike Charness raised a very interesting point in a thread a little while back --- the type-2 spacer really needs to be installed with a proper torque wrench. Once the wheel is mounted to the spacer, there's no convienent way to check the torque to the hub without removing the wheel. Just keep that in mind. --- on my car, I've tracked it several times with the spacers, and just take a little extra time to remove the wheels, verify torque, and then get rollin'. Never had a problem)

4. GQ IMAGE

GQ IMAGE Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2005
    PA
    Full Name:
    GQ IMAGE
    Two quick questions? Did the 94/95 Spyder's come with spcaers or a different type wheel set up? Last what is the torque settings that you have to run with type 2 spacer in the rear? Also should you torque the front wheels also with the type 1 spacer? What should you torque the front too as well?

5. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Go with the 15mm front and 25-30mm rear,it makes a big differance on the handling, torque the wheels to 80 but if recently refurbished check them after each drive as they come lose,on the track torque them to FT setting
    (Fcuking tight)

Andy.

6. FloridaIsland348

Aug 5, 2022
    Pensacola Beach
    Full Name:
    Scott Wheatley
    I'm not finding these 25mm spacers on the Ricambi America site today. Are they still available there?

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

Yes. You'll have to order them on the phone however. We have them in stock.

8. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    To be clear, you only recommend 25mm spacers on early cars with the higher offset rear wheels; correct?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The spider rear wheels have the same 25mm spacer baked into the wheel. For the 93 and later no rear spacers needed.

Different part numbers for rear wheels between early and late cars. The difference is 25mm offset.

Sent from my SM-G990U using FerrariChat.com mobile app