348ts battery charging/jumping | FerrariChat

348ts battery charging/jumping

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by rogerm2450, Mar 25, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rogerm2450

rogerm2450 Rookie

Mar 25, 2005
    Harrisburg PA
    Full Name:
    Roger Morgenthal
    I have a newly acquired 1992 348ts that needs either a jump start or preferably battery charging after sitting in the garage for a while--perhaps the battery is old and should be replaced, but that's not the immediate issue. I read the owner's manual that came with the car and downloaded the one from the Ferrari Owner's site, but I still am not sure where in the engine compartment to connect a charger or jump cables. The battery lives in the left front area, so it makes sense that there must be somewhere in the engine compartment to do these things. I would appreciate any help you could give. Are there any good books that one can use to learn more about maintaining and servicing Ferraris? I really don't see a lot of helpful troubleshooting information in the official manual.

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    There are tons of threads on batteries, jump starting and battery tenders. There is a search function in the upper left hand corner of the page.

Here is a post I made on battery tenders...

http://70.85.40.84/~ferrari/forum/showpost.php?p=134446870&postcount=5

If you get the battery tender, you will never have to jump start your car again. If the battery is more than four years old, I would go ahead and replace it. You need a size Group 34R.

3. BULL RUN

BULL RUN Formula 3

Dec 18, 2004
    In the engine compartment there is a battery bus on the right side, it's near the fender on top easy to spot. connect charger positive to it and negative to a good ground. That's it. BTW there are other alternatives to battery tender, I use the charge cube. works great. www.quickchargestore.com.

4. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Hey Roger,
    Nice to see another 348 owner in the area. I'm in New Cumberland.
    Welcome aboard! Absolutely get yourself a battery tender.

5. rogerm2450

rogerm2450 Rookie

Mar 25, 2005
    Harrisburg PA
    Full Name:
    Roger Morgenthal
    I appreciate everyone's comments, and a battery tender is on order. It's nice to have a resource like Ferrari Chat!