350/400GT thread | Page 85 | FerrariChat

350/400GT thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by FredParoutaud, Sep 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hi Chad, I couldn't take the panel out of the trunk as it's attached to the carpet. However these pictures may give you an idea of the dimensions (in centimeters). The length is 100 cm and the width 30 to 31 cm. I hope this helps.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Chadbourn Bolles

Chadbourn Bolles Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Thank you SO much for taking the time. Next question is the panel made of wood?
    Many thanks again.

3. You are welcome, it's made of steel.

4. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
  5. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Another day, a pic of one if the seats. Whoever took care of these seats did a VERY good job. The leather is soft and supple, I could not believe after all the yeas of sitting that is would be that way..

Any way Touring # is 18935, Chassis is 0499 and engine is 0487. Dip stick on left side of pan suppose to mean engine is a 350 , but for sure it is a 4 ltr, cause I just built it and pistons are 82 mm.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

EarlyCat, Jalpa_Mike and Peter K. like this.
  6. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
  7. yes, 283.

Lemacc likes this.
  8. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles

9. That's the vin of the car I took the pictures.

10. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    "rambointhegarage, post: 146116727, member: 207579"]That's the vin of the car I took the pictures.

OK, now I am with you, been so involved with this car, did not even think about a different car or VIN #.

11. No worries, I can imagine that you have been very busy with your 350 in the past days. Impressive how much work you already did according to the pictures.

12. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    I know this car when it was in Germany. I have some photos taken in August 2006. Front single bumper car!

13. Yes, seldom example. However not 100% sure if that's original.

14. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Diablo_4_Ever and Peter K. like this.
  15. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
  16. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    islerodreaming, Lemacc and Peter K. like this.
  17. Lel

Lel Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2007
    Hi Chad,
    a couple of questions.

First, when you restore a 2-valve engine what valve springs do you use?
    They say in the Espada workshop manual that the spring load is tougher after engine 1150?

Second, how do you remove the gear shift lever on the lamborghini gearbox. I am trying to get the gear box out of my Islero without taking the engine out.

Thanks!

Lars-Erik

18. Lel

Lel Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2007
    And good luck with your 350,
    I have got a steel body 350 myself. They are said to be much stiffer in the body which make them better on the road. Mine has vin #394 and is believed to be the very first with the Lamborghini box but it still has the Salisbury diff. What about yours?

L-E

19. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles

20. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles

21. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Second, how do you remove the gear shift lever on the lamborghini gearbox. I am trying to get the gear box out of my Islero without taking the engine out.

I think this might help. 1st pic shows cover, remove the 4 ten mm nuts/washers, now you can get to the bolt that holds shifter in place, pic #2 . Bolt head is 12 mm the nut is 14 mm. BE SUPER CAREFUL, NOT TO DROP NUT/WASHER, if you do you better have a small magnet. 3rd pic, remove this part, 10 mm, once out the part just slides off, well maybe you have to help it along. Now you can move shifter to the extreme right hand side. This is the only way you can remove the bolt holding the shifter. DO NOT DROP IT. 4th pic shows bolt not out yet. As you can see it touches the side of the housing, that is why you have to move shifter to right side, the only way to gain the clearance necessary to remove bolt. Last pic shows cover I removed since I did drop the bolt. Replacing bolt in shifter is fun and since I removed that cover I can do much easier.

I hope this helps
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

S_AGATA likes this.
  22. Lel

Lel Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2007
    Thank you

I got the box out of the car this morning but it will be much easier to get it back without the shifter.

I did try, without success, to get the bolt out but now as you showed me it is possible I will not give up.

The reason for removing the box is to install a diaphragm spring clutch instead of the multi coil spring clutch. Not original but will make the driving easier. The Espada and the Jarama have the new clutch and they need a lot less pressure on the left pedal.

LE

23. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    The reason for removing the box is to install a diaphragm spring clutch instead of the multi coil spring clutch. Not original but will make the driving easier. The Espada and the Jarama have the new clutch and they need a lot less pressure on the left pedal.

I think I am correct here, to use the Espada/Jarama style clutch, you will need a new throwout bearing and collar. They are different part numbers from the 350/400 clutch parts.

24. Lel

Lel Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2007
    I know, I've got the parts.
    Thanks anyhow

25. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Another day. Right now we have over 70 hours in taking this apart. Took 2 hours just to remove the right door. Every bolt/screw was rusty and was a big job removing them. Heck it took over 3 hours to remove the chrome around the 1/4 glass. Had to dig out or drill out each tiny screw. But we are getting there. Just like the 1st pic, over 4 hours removing bondo and it all has to come out so metal guy can do his work.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

rambointhegarage and Peter K. like this.