350 IMMOBILIZER ARGH | FerrariChat

350 IMMOBILIZER ARGH

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Dom08, May 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dom08

Dom08 Rookie

Apr 5, 2011
    Hey guys
    we ran into a completely fried immobilizer in my friends 360.
    we bought a replacement immobilizer siren,
    only issue is the PIN, we dont have the PIN for the car and we only have one black FOB.
    would this new immobilizer have its own pin?

2. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Find gobble on here. He extracted my pin from the immobilizer component.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The siren and immobilizer are totally different components. Lots of fried sirens, very few fried alarm ECUs/immobilizers. Gobble can pull the PIN from the actual immobilizer box, as mentioned, and build you a new set of three fobs.

4. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Guys I have now done a software immobilizer removal delete for the 360. It requires no boxes to be plugged in, no pairing of ECUs is required, it's a full delete inside the ignition ECUs. No boxes to go wrong and you can reverse it with a reflash at any time to go back to stock. You can forgot about fobs and I'm bringing out a keyless entry solution soon.

tonyc and Qavion like this.
  5. dodici

dodici Karting

Mar 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA.
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Awesome news. I would like to hope that a 550 solution can't be far behind.

6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    We are starting to see all kinds of starting issues with the immobilizers now that those mechanical (soldered on) relays are getting to 20+ years old. They will all eventually fail and require replacement and they typically the relays start to get slower in responsiveness which messes with the timing particularly on the 360's so that only half of the cylinders get started and the other half fail to start!

I'm also seeing several per week fail on the ignition computers (again on 360) since they live in the engine bay and if you have a sports exhaust fitted they get rattled around and sometimes the hairline pins crack which can destroy the correct functioning of the ecu's. Its one of the reasons why they where relocated to passenger compartment in the F430's...

7. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Will yo
    Will you be developing a “plug and play” solution for all this ?