3500 GT production by years | Page 2 | FerrariChat

3500 GT production by years

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by 3500 GT, Jan 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DenisC

DenisC Formula 3

Oct 11, 2009
    Moretti coupe up for sale in Vegas

1966 MASERATI 3500 GT MORETTI COUPE

2. LoBelly

LoBelly Rookie

Feb 27, 2013
    Melbourne, AU
    Full Name:
    Michael
  3. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Norway
    Does anyone have an idea of what they are asking for the Moretti?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

4. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    I believe they were asking 225K USD, it sold for 27K from the Brenner collection.

Ciao and best!

5. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Norway
    I sent them an email today, and received an answer from mr. Rob Williams at The Auto Collections. The asking price is (hold on to your hats!) USD 1.000.000 !!!!
    I told him that IMHO that is way to high a price, even if the market is strong.
    The response was that he appreciates my opinion, and hopes he has a car for me in the future.

Is it just me, or does that seem just plain stupid? There is a fool born every second, but no one would be stupid enough to pay one million dollars for this car? 225k as mentioned above seems more in the ball park.

6. 3500 GT

3500 GT Formula 3

Nov 2, 2008
    USA
    Full Name:
    Gentleman Racer
    My humble view is that any bespoke auto is worth more than the "normal" version. I love Moretti coach work, but this car, I believe was built as a standard 3500 GTI and then rebodied by Moretti two years later after an accident. Very unique, and cool, but it does not hold the same pedigree as an auto that was ordered bespoke from day one; original owner and coach builder.

One million dollars is outlandish as the car sold in 2005, (for 27K USD). A nine hundred thousand dollar increase in value seems unrealistic in 2014.

If one would like to spend some serious $$$$ on a bespoke 3500 GT, the Frua 3500 wouid be the one to buy, and you would save hundreds of thousands of dollars, and get a better car.

Ciao and best!

7. Ursa Major

Ursa Major Karting

Feb 25, 2011
    Norway
    My same thoughts. Maybe he just passed on a price to et rid of me. He managed to.

8. Dominik B.

Dominik B. Karting

Mar 5, 2017
    Cape Town
    Full Name:
    Dominik B
    Good morning, sorry for posting to an old chat, but this car in #19, was that #1749?
    I found pics of it and the file name contains 1749. I tried to attach, but couldn't.

9. Dominik B.

Dominik B. Karting

Mar 5, 2017
    Cape Town
    Full Name:
    Dominik B
    They are, in fact, the same pics. But I didn't make up the file name "Maserati 3500 GT Coupé Touring Oneoff 1749.jpg"

10. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Dominik,
    its not clear whether it is #1749 or a different VIN. Normally an un-even VIN was attached to Spyders. But who knows exactly when it comes to one-off cars....

11. Dominik B.

Dominik B. Karting

Mar 5, 2017
    Cape Town
    Full Name:
    Dominik B
    Thanks Walter, if 1749 was meant to be a Spyder, it might just have become a one off Coupe... Maybe it will surface one day.
    Pity that I can't recall where I found the pics.