3500GT, AM101-1886 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

3500GT, AM101-1886

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Dalin, Jan 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Looks Great!!!

Mike

2. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    Looking at the photo of your rear exhaust reminded me of when I restored Vignale spyder #504. I was never happy with the way the rear muffler looked as it made the car look "rear heavy". I purchased the exhaust from Quicksilver in the UK and wondered if they had gotten the dimensions right. Its hard for me to accept that Maserati would have designed the exhaust this way, but perhaps they did.

Perhaps Frank can comment as he has owned so many 3500GT.

Ivan

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Dalin

Dalin Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Thanks a lot, guys. As Keith says, I would not get to what you see without help from many people here on the forum. Too many to name all, but I am very grateful to every single of you that shared your knowledge, and I am eager to share what I learned with anyone in need.

Ivan, with the muffler, it indeed looks pretty large, though more normal from other angles I would say. Mine is custom made, measure are known from Maserati documentation, mounting points were still on the car, and we had to play with it quite a lot when installing, but as Quicksilver got to more or less same result, I guess it possibly was like that on the cars in 1960s. Worth investigating the question and trying to find original photo, though, I would be interested to know!

4. vlasic ludovic

vlasic ludovic Karting

Apr 13, 2015
    Nice France
    Full Name:
    Vlasic ludovic
  5. Dalin

Dalin Rookie

Jun 3, 2013
    Not always a joy to ride! Just as I got a neutral in, the gear shifter was suddenly loose in my hand. I was warned these things fail sometimes, we found out that it was probably adjusted by some of the previous owner, and with a hidden partial break. Now repaired and running again.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    My car suffered the same thing when I first got it. The previous owner shortened, and re-drilled the shifter. I repaired it to continue, until I found a correct replacement. The proper length was, and still is a pleasure to drive! Glad you got it sorted. Such a great car you have!

RF

lineaTesoro likes this.