355 - 355 B and GTS Stick getting really hard to find | Page 4 | FerrariChat

355 355 B and GTS Stick getting really hard to find

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, Aug 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    A lot of people add data to cars they do not own in the registry. It is not accurate, to 1/100’ths, but not off by 100’s

It is sad that we cannot get real data from Ferrari with complete accuracy. As far as I know, that has never been made available. I have worked to verify my data. If someone know more or can send me in the right direction, that would be fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    not of by 100s? How would you know this as fact? Just your opinion?

3. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Purely opinion based on reading it, researching it. Having access to the F-registry which is now shut down. The entirety of my comment was that we do not know the exact data. Rob worked hard to help us as a group quantify our cars. How many are lost to wrecks, fire, etc? 1000? 2000? No idea. But Robs site accounts for 4727.... wiki says 11,273 made so I guess it is off by more than 100’s - I retract my comment and will go back to the sidelines. Your turn.

4. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Don't get all butt hurt mate, I was asking a question.
    I remember when rob started the registry, I was only asking you how you came to a conclusion.

5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Some of you guys have amazing 355's btw. Awesome cars and even more awesome in a more limited config. That's why there so few, everyone keeps them. :)

BrianNYC14 likes this.
  6. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Yassa, Skippr1999 and Robb like this.
  7. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Wasn’t. My butt is fine. If we were sharing a pint, I would have seen your expression and you would have seen mine. Interwebz are bad at that. Cheers.

8. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    Suffyk and Robb like this.
  9. 05elise

05elise Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I am the new caretaker of carnutdallas' GTS and I was in a similar predicament in trying to purchase a gated GTS as Flat_Plane_Eddie when he purchased this same car. These cars are just not easy to find for sale in the configuration and condition you desire. I ended up buying Rob's car because it was the best I could find for sale that met my desired configuration and I knew if I didn't purchase this one I would most likely not be able to find another for a very long time. I am suffering from worsening MS that is gradually taking away my ability to drive and knew if I didn't purchase this car I would likely never be able to purchase a 355 and enjoy it. This 355 was at the time of my purchase very well sorted and I wouldn't call what I have since repaired flaws so I genuinely appreciate the care and money both Eddie and Rob put into this GTS before I purchased it. There were just a few things not quite right at the time I purchased it but nothing even close to major problems rather just some detail items that I thought could be brought up to a better standard.

Did I pay top dollar for this GTS at the time? Maybe, but the only others I came across would have needed a lot of expensive work to bring them up to the standard of this GTS so the money was well spent as far as I am concerned. The other thing this car offers me is the chance to spend time working on a beautiful car and that is enjoyable to me. Working on cars is therapeutic both mentally and physically for me to keep my problem solving and hand to eye coordination and fine motor skills up as I slowly lose my abilities due to the progressing MS. But back to the topic on hand, are these gated GTSs becoming hard to find? Absolutely for good ones and I won't be selling mine any time soon!

10. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    #85 eyeman1234, Sep 1, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    The registry is up and working.
    There are 4,727 F355 and 355F1 registered as of today (of 11,273)- and I successfully added mine 2 months ago. (That is about 42% registered.)

https://ferrari355registry.com

11. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thank you 05Elise. Appreciate the kind words. In hindsight, I should have kept that car. Financially I was in a better position. The F1 popped up and I liked having it. The GTB was bought because I could, but I should not have. I wanted that configuration and want is a heavy drug for me. I can make these deal work and keep the cars, but I feel I should better insulate my future cash needs. The longer I have the two cars, the more I want to make it work.

In reality, knowing you, your situation and the joy that car has brought you, is a great justification for me. I am just a car nut and the drug of buying is hard for me to
    Overcome. Holding is not in my blood. All the best! -Rob

Suffyk likes this.
  12. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    There's lots for sale outside of the US/Canada market. Better spec'd ones as well...but the values seem to be a bit stronger overseas as well.

13. Suffyk

Suffyk Formula Junior

May 25, 2012
    That’s where I’ve been looking too... aside from stronger value, you’re also looking at 5k US for freight (that’s what I was quoted recently) plus additional duties (6.1% into Canada).

14. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    I talked to Yellow Compass, he's privately representing (they're not listed) a couple of Berlinettas- some gated. No affiliation.

15. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    carnutdallas likes this.
  16. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    I have a 95 355 b in my garage its a bit torn apart but hey its still a B stick.

Suffyk likes this.
  17. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    blkdiablo33 likes this.
  18. Awieds

Awieds Rookie

Aug 25, 2019
    Washington DC Metro Area
    Full Name:
    Alex W.
    Where is your friends dealership? We may have the same friend...and I may know the car.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
  20. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Well it all became clear in the second post above. As a former naval aviator I know the DoD's budget for replacement parts (and maintenance) and as someone else mentioned, there is a reason you maintain aircraft at that level.

I don't disagree with either you or Robb. And if $20-30k differentiates what most people consider "well sorted" from fully restored it is entirely up to the buyer's intent. Spending $120k+ in today's market should get you a show car, not a driver. It kinda reminds me about the debates owners have on the vintage muscle car forums on restomods vs concourse cars. I totally get it, but I'm a driver with pockets that are not bottomless.

Thanks to this forum I've avoided some pitfalls that new owners succumb to. I'll keep reading, searching, and saving. Eventually it will fall into place.

21. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes. A USA Spec and VIN vehicle with a factory installed Roll bar. One of two I know of in USA. Delivery through Dubai and brought to states by Ferrari of Denver. Ferrari built the car per request of a wealthy European working in Dubai. I have an email from Bill Orth documenting the story when he imported the car. Ferrari did not have Tailor Made in 1998/99, but special people could get special things done like this car, color, interior, options. Apparently Europe has some super cool Ferrari colors and combos and this one is available for our consumption

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  22. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i remeber this car was for sale at westlake ferrari

23. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Intersport in NOVA. Omar is a friend and lives up the road from me.

24. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    The original owner? Interesting. Please clarify.

25. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    I wasn’t referring to that car.