355 Belt Service | FerrariChat

355 Belt Service

Discussion in 'Texas' started by eric lipper, Nov 15, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eric lipper

eric lipper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    I need to get the belt service done on my 355.

I have had Eurocar work on my 328 in the past but the last time they worked on it I thought the service was just so-so. Nothing really bad, it was just that I picked the car up drove home and then noticed the wheel wells were not in the car. Returned, got the wheel wells back in, drove the car for a few weeks and then noticed that there was no spare under the bonnet. Returned and got the spare but just didn't give me the warm fuzzies even though I think Eric at Eurocar is a good guy.

Anyone have a good place here in Houston or should I just used Eurocar. FOH is undoubtedly the high number at $12k but I think the membership in FOCA gets us a 10% discount so maybe with that they are only still 20% high. I know that Driversource does work on them and they are a possibility but I really don't know much about their shop. I could take it up to Norwood in Dallas but that seems like a lot of unnecessary jacking around.

Any tips are appreciated.

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    One of the guys at DriverSource has opened his own shop......West 11th and Ella south side of the street, across from Goodmans......Houston348 vouched for him.

Lots of Fcars in there this morning....and an Amilcar......LOL! (joking with Piers)

No, seriously ....looked like it might be a new alternative...if I ever get #22127 back, after it's 3 -1/2 year tune up on Kempwood, I plan to use him......

I hope I get all my car back, leaving your liners off is a non starter.......

3. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You could get it done in 3 -1/2 years, on Kempwood......;)

4. eric lipper

eric lipper Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    :)

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    *shaking head sadly*

6. u2fast

u2fast Karting

Mar 22, 2009
    bellaire
    Full Name:
    barry r
    i have had my 355 serviced at sphere. mark is the owner, he is on 11th street. first class guy. barry

7. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    #7 MobileJay, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
    I would have to say Mark at Sphere as well. Great guy....well, if you don't mind the English HAHAHA
    PM sent

8. piersg

piersg Karting

Jun 26, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Piers
    All you have to do is learn Cockney, then you can get your jam jar sorted, nip down the frog and toad to the rub a dub for a pint.
    Simple really.

9. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    HAHAHAHA very nice!

10. meloyelo

meloyelo Karting

May 20, 2002
    Houston Texas
    Just had my 328 with Mark at Sphere for some minor stuff. He will do my major service next summer. I was very happy with his work.

my