355 Buying help in Lower New Jersey/Philli | FerrariChat

355 Buying help in Lower New Jersey/Philli

Discussion in '348/355' started by Auraraptor, Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    http://www.interstatemotorsport.com/detail.cfm?ID=18292

I am really interested in this car, and plan on making it my daily driver. Can someone help me look at it? I saw it in person today, and it appeared in excelent condition. I also like the color combo. If possible I would like someone more experianced to look at it for me.

I am worried about the clutch, and in general how often the fluids were changed and such. I didn't drive it as it would have been a waste of time since I would not be able to tell much from it. If someone can help he look at it, it would be great.

Thanks guys!

PS I will start a thread on the seller seperately.

2. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's very important to verify that the valve guides have been updated. If the major service was done as stated, then I would expect this to have been addressed if it hadn't been done previously. Be sure to do a PPI.

Regards,
    Chris

3. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Remember, the 15k service is not much. Just fluid changes and a few minor things. The 30k is the big one with the belts. Just get a PPI and you should be fine.

4. kdross

kdross Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I live about 20 minutes from this dealer, but I have never dealt with them before. I would be more than happy to help you look at the car. It will give me a good excuse to take out my own Ferrari for a drive.

I can help you with a general drive and inspection of the car, but you need to have a qualified Ferrari mechanic do a PPI on it prior to any purchase. Algar Ferrari is about 45 minutes away, or you can use my Ferrari mechanic in NJ (25 minutes away). Our inspection can at least tell if the car is worth spending the money on a PPI.

Ken Ross
    [email protected]

5. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Ken you have mail. :)