355 Door Panel Removal - How To | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 Door Panel Removal - How To

Discussion in '348/355' started by 285ferrari, Apr 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Nice work, big thanks. My passenger panel is rattling, it's the speaker cover (if I lay my hand on it, it stops). I need to pull the one to take care of it. This is a HUGE help!

See you in Richmond in two weeks! -J.

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #27 285ferrari, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
    Probably not the speaker cover--Mine was rattling also and I tracked down the noise. The panel is made of 2 pieces of fiberglass bolted together. If you take the panel completly off and flip it over you will see what I mean. You may have to remove some of the black fabric that covers everything to see where the 2 pieces meet and are bolted together. I tightened the 4 bolts and it hasn't rattled since...

If you haven't got it tightened before Richmond we can break out the tools on the show field and get it done!!:D

3. dream355r

dream355r Rookie

Jan 24, 2007
    scotland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    weird ...the first job of the winter for me was to fix the rattling windows in both doors but was wee bit wary of taking the door to bits ...not any more !! Appreciate if you could pdf this to me....sent pm.

Also if you have (or anyone else has ) taken pictures of how the windows should look if running and sitting properly. Mate says all i need to do is put the window back in the runner clips...

Anyways thanks again for great write up at the perfect time ...

Regards
    Kevin

4. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    Finally got around to this one, and you were exactly right, the bolts are the back had come loose. A bit of loctite and I should be quiet for the duration. THANKS!

5. Rorie

Rorie Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2007
    Can someone send me the pdf on how to get to the windows?

Thanks

Rorie

6. Tgreenshields

Tgreenshields Karting

Apr 3, 2010
    Greeley, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tim Greenshields
    Excellent description for removing the 355 door panel....just last night I heard bolts fall inside the door when I was opening it from the outside. I'll need to use your directions to look in there and find out what happened..thanks!

Tim Greenshields
    Greeley, Colorado

7. sambomydog

sambomydog Guest

May 23, 2009
    #32 sambomydog, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    Man that makes a refreshing change to get some one post a genuine thankyou.:) Manners can be a little short around here at times. Nice one:)

8. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I have these directions in a pdf file I can email you--That way you can print them and look at them while you work instead of hauling a computer out with you. Just send me your email in a PM....

9. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    You need the pdf of these instructions here? If so, send me a PM with your email address...

10. francolov8

francolov8 Rookie

Jun 21, 2016
    thanks so much for this help

best regards from germany
    Frank

11. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    I know this is old but it is such a helpful post!

Stand4x and 285ferrari like this.
  12. watkinsgt

watkinsgt Karting

Feb 4, 2008
    This is indeed a very helpful post. As a small addition to "attachment 701882". The top Philips head screw securing the narrow trim screws into a 'thin tin' plate. Over time the hole in the plate enlarges making it impossible for the screw to tighten up (or snug down). The screw will ultimately just spin in the hole and eventually back out. - causing damage. Wrap the threads with 4 - 5 turns of plumber's Teflon tape. 3k miles later it remains tight. The screw is an obscure (in the US) #4 x 3/4" Oval Head sheet metal screw so there is no "just a little larger" substitute.

Julia and Qavion like this.
  13. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    So, I decided to take my interior door panel off as I had some rattling in the door and also knew the speaker just didn't sound good at all. Not that I listen that much but wanted it to work properly. Of course, there is a thread with a great description and pictures. Just enough so that I understood everything so a big Thank You. It looked like the pictures were enough, so I did take a few pictures of the speaker, so that other owners can replace the speakers themselves and get the right speakers. The speakers are 6 1/2-inch round and the depth from the back of the magnet to the top portion of the frame is 2 3/4 inches. The actual size of the woofer cone is 5 1/2 inches if you were going to repair your woofer. I will repair mine as a backup, but operational original speaker. Here are some pictures of the speaker and the dimensions. It should also be noted if anyone cares that you can see the speakers were made at the end of 1997 and my car was made in April of 98.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion likes this.
  14. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I will be ordering new speakers but will fix these. It was $28 including delivery with new surrounds and glue etc. I did it before on dare I say some old Blaupunkt speakers in a Porsche 928S Euro. They actually came out OK. I should be better this time around. Again, thanks for the pictures and write up on the door panel removal. It really helped as the few things that you might not know are as follows; 1. Once the lower armrest is unscrewed etc. in order to remove you slide toward the front of the car. Your instinct is to pull it out, which is wrong and will damage it. The other is the trim piece at the rear door edge that is held on by I think it was 3 very small screws with washers. It will still stick on after the screws are removed and once you gently pull/pry it off it reveals 1 small additional screw.

Qavion likes this.