355 Engine bay stickers and plates? | FerrariChat

355 Engine bay stickers and plates?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Miniwerks, Jun 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Miniwerks

Miniwerks Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike McCormick
    I have two questions, I am trying to replace a decal/sticker that appears to say "Catalyst" near the right rear shock tower, see link of my current decal which is badly curled and faded:
    http://www.miniwerks.com/models/decal355.jpg

Is there a source in the US for these decals? I will try Ferrari of SF but wondered if there are other sources too.

Also, I noticed that there are two holes near the Ferrari/Agip plate near the rear section, should another plate be here or is this reserved for european cars?
    http://www.miniwerks.com/models/plate.jpg

Appreciate any help. Mike

2. russell

russell Karting

Mar 2, 2005
    sacramento
    Full Name:
    russell
    we may have one at our shop and are located in sacramento as well
    [email protected] Off of power inn road

3. Miniwerks

Miniwerks Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike McCormick
    Thanks Russell, you are very close. I am off Watt and American River Drive. I will swing by this week, had no idea I had a Ferrari parts source minutes from my house!

4. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Did you end up locating the sticker? I'm contemplating a repaint of those engine compartment panels and the stickers has me worried as well.

-Michael

5. pflowers

pflowers Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Dothan, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Paul Flowers
    I got a new one from Ferrari of Atlanta but it took six months. Before installing it, I scanned it into my computer so that I could make a replacement in the future. I will be happy to send you that scan. It is for a 1995 model.

6. ferrari-328

ferrari-328 Karting

May 31, 2005
    Florida
  7. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    i can make custom decals if i have a really good resolution pic and exact dimensions ..
    any graphic artists out there? ... corel savvy?

8. pstillman

pstillman Rookie

Jun 22, 2005
    I would like a copy also. Thanks Pete

9. Miniwerks

Miniwerks Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike McCormick
    Thank you for your offer and sorry for the late reply, need to check my posts more often! I am going over to Ferrari Parts Exchange this week so I will report back. I also have one on order from a dealer just in case. I noticed that the "Catalyst" sticker is separate from the smaller barcode sticker and they appear to have one big clear sticker over them so I need to find out the best way to replace this properly without damaging the barcode sticker in the process.

10. Miniwerks

Miniwerks Formula Junior

May 13, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Mike McCormick
    Michael, I hope to find the sticker this week and will let you know. There appears to be a clear sticker over the top as well so I may need two different pieces? Mike

11. rogier355

rogier355 Rookie

Jul 22, 2005
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Rogier B.
    #11 rogier355, Jul 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Hi Mike,

I recently joined the FerrariChat.com forum and after some reading your name came up... you sold me some BBR models through Ebay and now I found out we have the same type of Ferrari...

The issue of the " missing " plate on your car: only European types have an additional plate there. On it is the type of engine and some other figures I also don't know what they mean.

I have added a small photo, but due to resizing you can hardly see what's on it... what you can notify is that here in Europe Shell oil is recommended in stead of Agip.

Rogier
    Netherlands
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. cal355

cal355 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2004
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Cal
    Mike: i have a F355 Spider with the same beat-up looking ID plates.If you find a source,I am interested in getting one also.

Thanks,Cal

13. nsxmann

nsxmann Rookie

Jul 4, 2005
    am i to understand that my 1996 spider did not come with the plates on it on the left engine lateral guard? i thought mine was missing cause someone took it off. also can i buy them if i want to put carbon fiber plates there? any help would be appreciated.

14. GF355

GF355 Rookie

Jan 25, 2012
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Grant Clayton
    This is my first post so please forgive any rookie errors.

After hunting for replacement Shell and catalyst plates for a year, Ferrari have come back saying they are no longer available. Also not available from italiancarparts or superformance or anywhere else I can find online worldwide.

Could someone take some high resolution photos of these plates and make them available to everyone. If so we could get them reproduced in our respective countries very cheaply.

Apologies if someone has done this already but I couldn't find anything.

P.S. Best forum ever, the info and knowledge on here is amazing.

15. nuevo rosso

nuevo rosso Rookie

Apr 11, 2016
    Bumping this thread. Anyone have any recent luck in replacing the "catalyst" plate? The "Shell" plate seems available from Eurospares, but no luck with the "catalyst" plate. Thanks in advance.

tres55 likes this.
  16. squid

squid Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2006
    My sticker is badly faded, looks almost like someone tried to scrape it off.

Did you have any registration issues with a bad sticker?

17. dnierle

dnierle Rookie

Oct 18, 2009
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    David Nierle
    I am the owner of a 1995 F355 Berlinetta and looking for a lubrication tag located in the engine compartment on the panel running along the right side per the attached pix. Can anybody recommend a source for obtaining this tag?
    Thank you,
    Dave
    336-210-2095
    [email protected]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. 355rockit

355rockit Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Vas
    I have replica catalyst stickers for all F355 years (1994 - 1999). PM me for info. You can search on the forum for more info and pics. These replicas were created with assistance of the F355 community in 2012.

nuevo rosso likes this.
  19. dnierle

dnierle Rookie

Oct 18, 2009
    Greensboro, NC
    Full Name:
    David Nierle
    Good morning 355rockit, I am writing in regard to your post for F355 replica catalyst stickers indicating you have some. I am interested can you tell me more? [email protected] or 336-210-2095. You stated to PM you but I do not know what that is?
    Dave

20. 355rockit

355rockit Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Vas
    PM reply sent

21. 355rockit

355rockit Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Vas
    I will email you. Thanks.

22. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Rockit is a stand up guy. And he does not even have a 355 anymore. Sad.

23. 355rockit

355rockit Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Vas
    Thanks Yelcab. I miss the old girl, but she is with a great 355 enthusiast now.

SoCal1 likes this.