355 Engine Out Service - Full Pics! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 Engine Out Service - Full Pics!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by richard_wallace, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Tony,

Here is the link to Speedlingerie - http://www.speedlingerie.com/

It is highquality vinyl I believe - they color match them to any F-Car Color - and as you mention - it is nearly exact. It took about 20 minutes to install the first time. You get Snaps that you place on the underpanel (replace the screws with the snap screws) You also replace 1 screw on either side of the wheel well (little hooks). I will tell you it is a perfect "tight" fit - they are made exactly to fit each model. They go for around $600 US. And I think you can order them and have it sent to the UK. Also as a side note - I looked for a long time to see if there were any other makers - that colour match (notice I even spelled color correctly :) - but there are NONE other than SpeedLingerie. If you have a Black Car - there are a few makers - since most of the black would be close - but if you have any other colour you will have to go with SpeedLingerie.

Hope that helps...

Rich

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #27 tonyh, Mar 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Rich,
    thanks a lot .I'll have a look at their web site.One problem for me is that i have to have a front number plate.Will the cover have enough "give" in it and do you know if there's a cut out for the plate?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    What I think you could do is put the front end cover on - and cut out the spot where the Front Plate mounts on - (I assume it is two screws that holds it on). I would then sew around the cut outs to reinforce where you did the cuts... That way the Plate would be on top of the Front-End cover... But I think it could be done pretty easily...

Good Luck!

Rich

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Cheers !

5. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    great thread. Thanks for posting.

6. Wow that engine looks good when its all cleaned up and back inside the engine bay. Its amazing how long Ferrari engines can last when properly taken care of.

7. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    It is amazing - specifically when the services are done correctly - without screw drivers being left in the Air intake :) LOL

8. Yeah that engine looks great, May I ask what you used to degrease it also what kind of dressing was used on the plastic parts.

9. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy

Tony

If you went with something like this, why not consider a vinyl number plate? It'd just stick over it.

I have a vinyl plate on the front of mine anyway. Saved drilling holes in the bodywork and I lost one plate that just had adhesive pads.

And whilst the plate is legal, I'm sure the pesky new cameras have hassle reading it :)

Andy

10. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    They used Hot pressure steam/water... The name of the product to clean all the parts - aludes me at the moment... but it is a custom line of cleaners (they have leather, vinyl, plastic, chrome, engine, etc.) They ended up giving me some samples (I will look at the brand when I get a chance).

Rich

11. MichaelChanMD

MichaelChanMD Rookie

Dec 25, 2003
    Joining this thread late, but man, those are great pics! I'm actually moving from Ohio to Chicago, exactly the opposite of Richard and I definitely appreciate the info about the service dept in Chicago! (Of course, I don't have a Ferrari, but one day....)

12. richard_wallace

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Good Luck Michael - there are a ton of f-car owners in Chicago - I would join the FOC or FCA up there - get to know a few of the enthusiasts - and you will find a great car from one of those owners... Good luck on the move!