News

355 355 euro steering wheel

Discussion in '348/355' started by chrisj951, Mar 19, 2019.

1. lanab

lanab Karting

Feb 21, 2016
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes no problem, i bought the same steering wheel from him last year and had been looking for two years, i paid to his bank account and he was very assuring and good communicating all the way.

Germans can be very special at times and not flexible, good you got it sorted with your friend in Spain.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Buy Manual
    So how are you guys installing the Euro steering wheel without the adapter and leather covered column?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Full Name:
    James Moran
    The euro wheel I bought didn't have that ^ The 456 wheel I bought did however and I was able to use it with the euro 355 wheel.

You can buy aluminum adapters from Superformance but of course they don't quite look the same.

ShineKen likes this.
  5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Buy Manual
    The adapter is one thing, but I would assume without the leather covered column covering most of the adapter, it would lack an OEM finish. Good to know the 456 version worked! How easy or difficult is that to find? So you have the Superformance/hill adapter plus column cover from 456 pre-airbag wheel?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Full Name:
    James Moran
    Actually I have the 456 hub and hub cover so all oem stuff. The 456 wheels don't come up too often either but last time I checked they were still available to order. (unless that was incorrect).

I think it's a nice alternative to the euro 355 wheel as it looks pretty close and is a lot less expensive.

ShineKen likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Buy Manual
    456 hub is a direct bolt on? No modification? That’s a great find. Ill ask my buddy to see what he can find. He’s the one I’m trying to help out. I’ve already got a complete set :).

9. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Full Name:
    James Moran
  10. MAD828

MAD828 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2011
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Elliott Caras
  11. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Full Name:
    James Moran
    Haha, thanks but no! Still a work in progress. I have to catch up to yours :)

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Buy Manual
    Cant tell for sure but it looks a tad shorter, but works perfectly! This is a great solution if those parts can still be ordered new. You don’t see Euro steering wheels sold with anything attached behind it.