355 Exhaust - Capristo or Tubi? | FerrariChat

355 Exhaust - Capristo or Tubi?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ravi355, Jun 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ravi355

Ravi355 Karting

Feb 20, 2005
    In the Country
    Full Name:
    Ravi
    Car is going to to Verdi's for an MOT and service shortly and I am seriously condiering getting a sports exhaust put on it.

Now that the Capristo has been a round a while just wondered what you guys think of it over the Tubi - is it worth the £600 premium.

The options as I understand it are:

Tubi
    Tubi + Decat
    Capristo
    Capristo + Decat.

Which you go for and why?

2. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    As many know, i swore that the after market Stainless steel company system i had on the 355 was the god. Then Karl said to me that he would give me a months trial with the Capristo, and if i did not like it he would come up to me to feach the car back and take the Capristo of....no sh*t i bought it the day i heard it. He also put on straight pipes. its not to loud and harsh becourse there are levels of Capristos and carl chose the one that sounded best on the 355. Its the way it sounds bfor the bypass opens and the holy hell that happens when it opens "WOW!",My mind was opened. He could have offerd me the same challenge with the Tubi, but it was the Capristo that HE said was the system to put on a 355. Nuff said save this...... "Capristo is the god and i will have words with any man that says other!!" :D

3. S11eps

S11eps Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Shepherd
    Ask Graham S what he has on his, then go buy exactly that - when I heard his on Sunday a did a little sex wee. Awesome isn't even close.

4. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
  5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Decat Capristo

6. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Decat Capristo for the 355.

Decat Tubi for the 348 !!!!!!

7. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    need some test pipes for the 348:D

8. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    what for to clean dale ferguson

9. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    LOL Dale you only need a loud exhaust if your actually gonna drive the car:D:D

10. scoobydoo22

scoobydoo22 Rookie

Oct 23, 2004
    Pinner
    Full Name:
    Darren
    can someone explain what happens when its time for an MOT and you have a decat system. I should be taking delivery of a 355 spider next week and have heard the Capristo is the way to go, so what difference does the decat make, and are there any advantages?

Darren

11. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I'm evidently quite odd!

If the Capristo is 600 quid more, it's not worth it IMO.

Even at the same price I would suggest having an extended run in both types of car to see which suits.

Both are terrific sounding systems. The Capristo is definitely better at low engine speeds, but IMO it transitions too harshly between low speed rumble and full on trumpet chorus.

The Tubi is a bit rougher generally, but the transitions are smoother, and the top end is as good.

Note also that these systems get significantly better with age (certainly the Tubi does - not heard an aged Capristo yet).

Either way, decat it. And take it to a decent place for the MOT. Often they won't fil on emissions....

If money's no object, you want to be looking at ITO or MS Racing.

12. All ON U

All ON U Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2005
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Sonu
    I go with what chaa says as Karl fitted the Capristo to my car and it sounds absolutely amazing!

13. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    How and why do Tibi/Capristo systems get better with age? What happens?

14. The Don

The Don Karting

Oct 10, 2004
    Finally, next week, I will here my Capristo Level 2 on my Testarossa. Better be worth the two grand plus VAT. I bought it without even hearing what one sounds like, although I could not find anyone who has had one done already.

15. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    The Tubi is starting to sound smoother and louder. And I'm also getting the sort of pops and bangs that in my Caterham mean 3ft licks of flame from the exhaust (in the Caterham I can see these in the hedgerows. Not so easy in the 355).

I'm not sure what's happening, though I suspect a good part of the change could be me burning away the packing in the silencer :)

Kam - you won't be disappointed I'm sure. Both makers sell great products. It'll be interesting to see if either can improve the F430 - I seriously doubt it.

16. Ravi355

Ravi355 Karting

Feb 20, 2005
    In the Country
    Full Name:
    Ravi
    Thanks for the input - So decatting with a capristo is the way to go then. Out of curiosity has anyone gone from a TUBI to a Capristo?

17. chrisx666

chrisx666 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    YorkshireUK
    Full Name:
    Chris B
    Are they glass packed? If so the glassfibre gets clogged with carbon and they get louder. Noticed this with aftermarket silencers in the past.

18. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I did consider that move..... but then I realised in truth a Tubi/decat is actually pretty awesume sounding as well :). Its a tough decision, money no object definately an ITO !!!

19. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    Does anybody know of s and exhausts. I'm about to buy a 355 with one (£2500 apparently but I've never heard of them. Seller says it was fitted at Graypaul.

20. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Which brand?

21. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    'S and F'? I've never heard of them and can't find anything on the web. It does sound amazing though, whatever it is! I'm jst a bit worried it might harm the car in some way. It's only done 5k miles with it fitted

22. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Never heard of it, sorry. Tubi, Capristo, Ito ,MIS, Quicksilver, Stainless Steel.....

23. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    Is Stainless Steel an actual brand? He did mention that first but I just assumed that's what it's made of?

24. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    graypaul use him at chesterfield that chaa knows cant remember his name but chaaa has a capristo now

25. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Indeed i mother fcuking do brother:D :D Capristo rocks!