355 Fiorano Owners | Page 6 | FerrariChat

355 Fiorano Owners

Discussion in '348/355' started by Nametool, Jul 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fioranoseeker

fioranoseeker Rookie

Sep 25, 2005
    Full Name:
    Rob P
    Would anyone know about fiorano 100? Someone that owns a fiorano told me that #100 never made it's way into the NA market. Does anyone know differently?

2. mcmurb

mcmurb Rookie

Nov 10, 2003
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bart McMurry
    I saw #100 personally just over three years ago on the showroom floor of FofCFL. I met the person who purchased it and had it trucked away on date of sale. It was an interesting car being Giarro with Navy Blue interior (and top). It sounds terrible, but was actually quite striking in the flesh. The word is that the gentleman owns a series of cars with the last production number (fcars and others). I did not talk to him about this aspect of collecting, but will guarantee that it was the car (#100) as per the interior badging.

3. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Just curious, what color is Giarro?

4. fioranoseeker

fioranoseeker Rookie

Sep 25, 2005
    Full Name:
    Rob P
    I think he meant to say Giallo instead of Giarro which is yellow.

5. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Oh...Thanks...should've figured that one out myself

6. Mike L

Mike L Rookie

Sep 28, 2005
    CA
    I've got #37

Yellow / Black / F1 / 4,500mi

and I know the guy who has #53

Red / Tan / F1 / not sure mi.

Mike

7. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger

Thanks for the info dude!

Now we just have to remember who the "keeper" of the Fiorano list is

8. pstarkt

pstarkt Rookie

Sep 26, 2004
    Seattle, WA
  9. fioranoseeker

fioranoseeker Rookie

Sep 25, 2005
    Full Name:
    Rob P
    thanks for the info. What would be a fair price to pay for this car, based on
    miles and lets say service work including belts have been done?

10. fioranoseeker

fioranoseeker Rookie

Sep 25, 2005
    Full Name:
    Rob P
  11. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    $125-129K IMO

Dude, if you love the Fiorano like I do, don't worry about the resale b/c once you have it you will not want to sell it...I am keeping mine...I wouldn't sell it for $200K. Do your homework and buy a mint, no stories car and you will have no regrets.

Best,

Todd

12. fioranoseeker

fioranoseeker Rookie

Sep 25, 2005
    Full Name:
    Rob P
    Thank you for that. Thats what I want to here. Once I own one I'm sure
    I'll be saying the same thing. It's just a matter of time, until I find the
    right one.

13. anawat

anawat Rookie

Oct 5, 2005
    Saratoga
    Red / Black / F1
    About 4,000 miles.

Northern California.

Perfect condition.

Yes. I am keeping mine, for a long, long time.

14. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    and
    Any chance of posting the serial numbers please as I don't have those three listed?

Jonathan

15. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    I bought chassis # zffxr48a5x0116251 new but do not remember which # it was. Red / Tan. I will send a photo or two tomorrow. It was sold new in Scottsdale, AZ.

16. BillyMac54

BillyMac54 Rookie

Apr 4, 2004
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Bill McLaughlin
    The Fiorano is getting noticed more and more in the concours judging...I won the concorso Major Award, "La Coppa Otto Cilindri" (the finest 8 cylinder Ferrari) at Cavallino this January and I see another one took the same honors in Pepple Beach....the Judges are looking. I own # 21 which is the only Negro(black) and Tan Fiorano I have been able to find to date...it is also the newest year Ferrai to receive that award that I am aware of....the price of tea just went up on my ride!!!

17. fioranoseeker

fioranoseeker Rookie

Sep 25, 2005
    Full Name:
    Rob P
    Thank you for your reply.

18. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques

I stand corrected but there is one here in South Africa.

19. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    #144 azfast1, Oct 8, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Attached are photos of 2 Fiorano cars together. I bought the one with the temporary plate on it, and had to do warrantee paint work on the other.
    Here is a great story. When Cavallino Classics, The Ferrari dealer in AZ at the time, got all three of their Fiorano cars at the same time, They let me pick out the one that I wanted of the three. It took me 2 very stressfull days to pick out the one with the least amount of paint flaws. I own a body shop that had done all of their work for 20 years. I had a headache for 2 days over that. The car that is pictured next to mine had what looked like acid rain etched in the paint and we would up doing alot of polishing and minor repaint to repair it.
    Anyone have my old 116251 out there? I wound up selling it to Motorcars Int'l with very low mileage .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. BillyMac54

BillyMac54 Rookie

Apr 4, 2004
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Bill McLaughlin
    You know here has always been the claim of 104 Fiorano's. However I take a different position on this as my plate clearly states #21 of 100. I would think that any Fiorano without an identity plate would be something less than a Fiorano?

Has anyone ever seen one in Europe as claimed? Is it an actual duplicate other than say emissions...does anyone really know?

21. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I haven't seen the cars. However, the information came from Keith Bluemel and he got it, as I understand it, from Ferrari. There were three Italian Fioranos and one South African. They were not included in the numbered sequence of 100. Chassis 115624 was the only righthand drive car (i.e. the South African car), 116194, 116201 and 116489 are the three Italian cars. I believe all four have the F1 transmission.

Jonathan

22. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I think 116251 is #25 of 100.

Jonathan

23. BillyMac54

BillyMac54 Rookie

Apr 4, 2004
    Orlando
    Full Name:
    Bill McLaughlin
    I hear ya, as I have heard about these cars for sometme but no one I know, including Ed Gilbertson, the Chief Ferrai Judge of North America and a Fiorano owner, has never seen one? I also question the validity of calling them Fiorano's if not numbered?

I wonder how many have been wrecked or destroyed and how many are actually still around....hummm

24. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    A reasonable point, except that it is Ferrari who call the cars what they want!

Fair point, although you wouldn't see them unless in the right place at the right time in Italy or South Africa.

I don't know of any that have been wrecked, but since I can't (yet!) account for all the cars that doesn't mean none have been.

Jonathan

25. nizam

nizam Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 9, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Ni Zam