News

355 flat battery

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by OrangePeel, Feb 29, 2004.

1. OrangePeel

OrangePeel Rookie

Jan 27, 2004
    Herts/Essex border
    Full Name:
    Neil Pearson
    I feel a right berk for asking this, but you live and learn. If I had read the manual, I would have realised about the kill switch if the car is left for long periods, which I frequently do. However, the battery is dead as a dodo and I was wondering if anyone had any quick tips on charging it up without taking off the front right wheel. I have seen some terminals in the engine bay on the right under a black cover, but have no idea which is positive or negative. I have read some old threads about battery buddies. Are these any good and advisable?.

Thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    My battery died on me after a jet wash at local car wash. I was able to jump the battery with a portable charger and it was fine after that.You have to leave the car running for 10 mins or so to let the ECU sort itself out as a jump will reset everything electrical.
    Connect + to positive pole under the cover and - to the side of engine bay , under protective sheet.You'll need a set of Allen keys to get battery cover off.
    Good luck
    Tony

4. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    As Tony says, and go and buy a trickle charger, Porsche do one that's plugs into the cigarette lighter socket and keeps it all ready for when you want ot use it :) Halfords also do them

btw letting batteries go completely flat is very bad and you may find it will never perform correctly again, they are only around £80 so worth replacing if at all iffy

5. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
  6. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I use a battery conditioner: try this lot, and ask them for a charger plus a cigar lighter connector.

http://www.carcoon.co.uk/charge.htm

They work brilliantly, keeping the battery in tip-top shape.

Robert.

7. To remove this ad click here.