355 in for sale section | FerrariChat

355 in for sale section

Discussion in '348/355' started by nickdk, Aug 10, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nickdk

nickdk Rookie

Oct 21, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Nicholas deKay
    I have seen the 355 in the for sale section with 86K miles on it for a while now. It seems like it might make an interesting track car. It is listed at 36K which seems high... The 95 one with 41K miles just when for $35K at auction here in ATL. I have seen ones with 20-30K miles with services current no shrinkage, fixed exhaust systems going in the $40-$45K range

The owner says that it is up for a major service, has bad dash shrinkage, sticky plastic, etc. OEM headers (1 was replaced with a new OEM on back in 2007) Has anyone looked at it? Anyone know the compression numbers? Anyone had a PPI done on it? If so, what was the verdict?

Also, how long do 355 motors last without a rebuild?

What do you guys all think it is worth? I have an idea in my head but I am curious what you guys are thinking?

2. F1dreamer

F1dreamer Karting

Nov 10, 2008
    Atlanta
    Hey nick, what auction was that where the 355 sold for 35k. I know there are a couple of auction places around the city but which one is best to find sport cars?

3. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Based on your description, that does seem high. I would say around $25,000 considering it needs $8-$10k for the major, then you have to deal with the dash shrinkage etc....just my opinion.

4. nickdk

nickdk Rookie

Oct 21, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Nicholas deKay