355 inner CV joint cross reference | FerrariChat

355 inner CV joint cross reference

Discussion in '348/355' started by pino, May 25, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pino

pino Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    South Central PA
    I've searched the archives, and unfortunately came up empty handed.

I am looking for an inner CV joint for the worn unit in the 355.
    A lot of ideas that a Porsche inner CV joint will work, but having a tough time figuring out which particular model of Porsche uses the same joint.
    The 930 comes up a lot, but the 355 uses a joint that is similar in every dimension except width (40mm for P-car, 32mm for the F-car. Both are 108mm outside diameter with 94mm bolt holes centers)

If anyone has any helpful ideas, I would be much obliged.

Best,
    pino

2. TRScotty

TRScotty F1 Rookie
    Owner

Oct 12, 2006
    Tyler, Texas
    Full Name:
    Scotty
    Call Daniel at Ricambi and order the Ferrari part.

Any money you save by trying to "make something fit" is not worth the risk IMHO.
    It can't be that much more, and it will be right, which on my Ferrari, is worth it.

3. Terry

Terry Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Cheshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Terry
    Here in the UK, equivalents can be purchased here:

http://partsinabox.com/index.htm

(You may have a similar outlet in the US)

For a 355 inner, their part number is IJ6044 and costs £35.27 plus delivery and includes boots and grease.

They told me a while back that the same PN is also fitted to Mercedes but not which model.

4. RocketMaker

RocketMaker Rookie

May 2, 2007
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Ed
    i used the early 930 porsche boot- didn't have a problem installing it, and it's done very well so far (500+ miles later).

The price is a lot more for the ferrari part ~75 bucks...vs the porsche part...10-15 bucks with the clamps... Considering they are both Lobro joints...i didnt see a need to pay the ferrari tax for something that is just the same quality.

5. Arturin

Arturin Karting

Aug 16, 2009
    Spain
    Bumping the thread.

Just discovered that my CV joint in the gearbox side is broken since god knows when. Put my finger in it but didnt notice any kind of grease. I´m going to get the boot changed in two weeks. Knowing that there are high posibilities that the CV joint might be fu**** up I´m thinking in buying a spare cv joint just in case.

The partsinabox website is not working now but i found another one. Just to be sure, is this the part?

http://www.driveshaftstore.co.uk/index.php?prodid=39102

This part is for a 78hp mercedes vito van, with it hold the power of the 355????