355/Mondial combo on ebay | FerrariChat

355/Mondial combo on ebay

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by GrigioGuy, Nov 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  2. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    Interesting...

The difficulties that can be seen start at the front. The Mondial has a very squared-off front end whereas the F355 is curved, hence the bumper protruding further at the centre compared to the corners. The same, but less noticable at the rear.

He has obviously spent a packet on the car but the plenum says it is a 2v engine not a qv. I am curious to know more about what he has done and how he has changed the car. I hope it is not all filler.

Tillman, I know from the 328 trailer hitch thread that you a "atypical" so you might like this:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33819

3. Philjay50

Philjay50 Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2003
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I am sure this is a guy I spoke to some months back, he had just got the 360 wheels and was selling a set he had recently bought. The seats are 355 as are a load of other parts. He has used some interesting bits, I recall that the rear spoiler started life as a Rover part. I would like to see it in the flesh, just to confirm the standard of work ! Do we like it ? well whatever rocks your boat I guess, but its not for me.

4. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Jeez Louise! -
    Look at the speakers he put in place of the rear seats!
    Look at the digital dvd screen dashboard!
    355 seats!
    Must be lowered about 2"!

And the engine looks bone stock!

There is some money and time in that project. Makes my humble retrogrades look pretty tame. Wow.

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    WOW!

Really not that bad.... The front bumper definitely looks out of place. I like the interior colors - The DVD in the dash is nice, but teh rear speakers are a bit much.

Interesting mod to say the least!

6. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Given the rest of the work, I am surprised that he did not replace the front panel over the bumper with something that was more rounded...it appears as though he had the skills. I do like the look of the 355 bumper on there...if that was cleaned up. I think it would blend even better with the T since it has better integrated wheel arches.

7. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    And people were ragging Tillman about a trailer hitch???

OH MY GOD, what the hell is this contraption all about? Take a perfeclty good 4 seater Ferrari and pull the back seats out to throw in a really big speaker? Gee, with all that bondo and audio gear, the thing probably weighs 300 pounds over a stock Mondial 8, with a whopping 215 HP 2 valve engine. Man, that thing must be at least as fast as a VW bug!

Birdman

8. Zertec

Zertec Formula 3

Oct 5, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Clive Reed
    Check out his feedback page, he has sold a number of cars recently and bought a couple of XJSs.