355 race | Page 5 | FerrariChat

355 race

Discussion in '348/355' started by allanlambo, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    Allan a Testarossa isn't a dog bellow 100 mph, if you take it to a real race track not a stupid drag strip then you will find out how fast it trully is, and I bet your Diablo is fast as hell but I also bet that you don't have the skills to exploit that chasis to its limits. Its not how fast the car is but how fast can you make it be in the track. Any F1 pilot will blow your doors off in a Testarossa and you in your Diablo in a racetrack, theres always a faster car, but theres always a faster driver in a slower car.

2. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Why are we bringing in track events to this? The conversation is about straightline speed. Ive driven thousands of miles in TR's. They are a dog below 100mph. Gears are too long, not enough power. Think about it, they are very heavy, and are rated at 380hp in Ferraris Overoptimistic hp rater.

There are plenty of early TR tests placing it in the high 13's and even low 14's in the 1/4. All the quicker tests were performed in lighter, more powerful Euro cars.

I raced one in my Nsx also, and it couldnt beat metill way into triple digits. We were racing on the highway.

4. BlackOnBlack346

Dec 28, 2003
    Wow, lots of domestic owner stereotypes and eliteism here by a few.

The Mach 1 being Auto will run high 13s probably if the driver is decent, (can launch). The auto in the stang is alot different than the auto in the F-Body. My automatic Z28 ran a 13.2 @ 106 completely bone stock at a sub-par track.

To those who say racing in a straight line requires no skill. Bring your Ferrari out one day to a Friday night street night at the local strip and see if you can make it to the 2nd round in bracket racing. All forms of racing require skill, some in different areas than others. Overly broad blanketing remarks are silly.

Oh, and I've pulled away from a 355 from a 30 roll. Was around 2 cars by 120ish. Also hung with a 360 spider exactly from 20-110ish, he started pulling ever so slightly when we both let off for traffic. Could be the driver, who knows. I put down low 300s to the wheels.

Allanlambo, your cars (past and present) are just sick. Wish I knew what a 150 shot on a Diablo felt like.

5. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    kick his ass sea bass

6. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    You should be fine, just let the wife have some practice with you there and should kill the rustang.

BTW

I have read a lot of your posts on here and think you get too much crap for being resident "troll". You always backup your statements with magazine reports or something and always stay on topic even though people always try to change it. (ie "Originally Posted by Testacojones
    Allan a Testarossa isn't a dog bellow 100 mph, if you take it to a real race track...")
    Anyway enough assk issing. I know you like 911s and especially modded 911s. I was wondering about your thoughts on the RTurbo by Ruf. Have you ever driven one? how was it etc? Just curious. Here is a link to one in DFW area, It still had the Gumball3000 stickers on it.

http://www.poorboytuners.stangnet.com/Ruf.htm

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The Ruf is an awesome car, but i know that you can get more power from a 996TT, for a fraction of the cost elsewhere. Ruf relies on their name from the late 80's when they were THE Porsche tuner. I know that last years RUF had 520hp. For 500.00 you can buy an UPSOLUTE chip that will give you 100hp dyno verified or your money back. Porsches are great cars. I want to buy a 996TT and do it up. Less than 20K, for 750 reliable hp.

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

I raced a guy in a Black Camaro SS back in Scottsdale in my Lotus. He claimed he had run a 12.80@110mph at the track. The Lotus beat him from a roll pretty badly.

I bumped into him later, in the 355 Spider (when it was stock) and once i got into third he would of passed me but the road ran out. He said he had replaced the motor, with something else, all balanced and blueprinted. It was pretty quick. Id like to be able to give him a go with the 355 the way it is now.

The Diablo on spray is lots of sideways fun!

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Oh and on the drag raing takes no skill reply. Try launching your car and achieving the same results as the best magazines do. It is very difficult. Then try bettering them.

10. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Is it still raining over there in Paradise? What's the status of this race ?

Inquiring minds want to know !

11. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Stopped raining. Trying to get it together as we speak.

12. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    I've been following this thread every day - I wanna hear about Allen's wife kicking some rustang butt dammit! :)
    Allen, keep us posted.
    David

13. allan I want to hear about the race to, Tell him he gets two runs 1 in the 355 and one in the Diablo SV without spray unless he wants it. ;)

14. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    A-

As the owner of a 99 Cobra, which is more powerful then the Mach 1, you will have no issue. The F355 will take it. Even though it could be a little close at the start due to his gearing. Just dont miss a shift.

Cheers!
    R

15. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    It's amazing what owning a Mustang can do to some people's brain chemistry. I have been challenged to races by Mustang drivers more than any other car out there, by a longshot. Didn't matter whether I was driving a Corvette, BMW, Porsche, or Ferrari. Last summer a guy in a Stang pulled up next to me and revved the snot out of his engine. I looked over at him with the you-must-be-crazy-if-you-think-you-can-beat-my-car look.

16. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    tick-tock-tic-tock.......

17. any new news on the race. ? I cant wait

18. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Nothing yet. i keep trying but we cant seem to line up schedules.

19. What kind of mods does your 355 have, What are the 0-60 times after the mods. ?

The spyder does 0-60 in around 4.6-4.7 stock.

20. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Custom headers,exhaust,bypass pipes and larger air boxes.

21. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Friend of mine has a Mustang Cobra with supercharger and mods. Turned a 12 sec. quarter at Kansas City International Raceway about two weeks ago. That's a very fast quarter. His wife drives it to work daily.

There's always one faster!

22. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    What do you think happens at the start of a track race Allan?.

I'll remind you. In countries where real racing occurs it is a standing start!, thus tracking your car requires that you can launch your car with the best of them and ALSO go around corners, brake properly ... EVERYTHING!

Pete