355 Shocks. . . Results | FerrariChat

355 Shocks. . . Results

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by papaleo1, May 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. papaleo1

papaleo1 Karting

Jun 9, 2002
    Papaleo
    Full Name:
    Louis
    A few weeks ago I posted a thread about the insane cost of changing the rear shocks on my 355. A few of the folks here directed me to Rob Shermerhorn at DeltaVee Motorsports in Kalamazoo, Michigan; Eurospares;
    and Sodacom's.

Claudio at Eurospares located a pair for me and shipped them directly to Rob at Deltavee. Rob rebuilt them and a local shop installed them for me today. Man, what a difference!

First of all, my hats off to Claudio for locating them and having them shipped.
    25lbs overnighted to Michigan from the UK wasn't cheap, but it was worth it.
    Thanks, Claudio.

Sodacom's had the actuator, for $250 less than FNA wanted. A nice organization that delivered what they promised.

Rob at Deltavee got the shocks and turned them around in a matter of days. He is a first-class guy and runs a top-shelf organization. The rebuilt shocks arrived in like-new condition. All of my concerns about installing them were easily cast aside - thanks to Rob's and Fatbillybob's encouragement. The hardest part of the job was getting the car on a lift in a non-Ferrari shop. 1.5 hours - soup to nuts.

The upshot? I was quoted $4,000 plus or minus, for the new shocks, one new actuator, and bushings. My job? Approx $1500!! The car handles fantastically and I have been smiling all day.

Last point, I think that Rob will now have a set of shocks that he can use for a "core return" program. Give him a shout - he's 'Da Man!

Thanks for all the input here.

Enjoy!

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I told you so...Rob is DA MAN! Now you have to do the fronts. You will be amazed. Also, any car sitting on 10 year old shocks is just kidding himself.

3. pino

pino Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    South Central PA
    Glad to hear everything worked out for the best Lou!

Excellent use of resources!

Best,
    Pino

4. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    How do we get in touch with Deltavee? I have a drivers side rear shock that has begun to the leak...

-Michael

5. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
  6. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Just dropped them and email, I noticed one of my shocks leaking and since it's going in for all the other work I might as well get this done.

-Michael