355 Spyder Roof | FerrariChat

355 Spyder Roof

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by ClydeM, Mar 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I've always had a little problem with the 355 roof. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't completely. Today it didn't. I've done all the usual checks & fixes. I mentioned to Dan at Bradan that the 355 was going out to his shop for a bumper spray and to check the top soon.

With WWoC cars & coffee tomorrow, I thought I'd take the 355. Drove the roads today in the DD and though the roads haven't been washed free, they look pretty clean from salt & water.
    Decided to put the top up though. driving in morning 35 degree weather with the top down is a bit much. First time the top has been up since last year. And the top moaned & groaned and took a number of button presses & encouragement to get it to go up.

Look out Dan. She needs some TLC.

2. kevin323

kevin323 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Just an FYI. The shop talk column in the new (May) issue of Forza magazine deals with convertible problems of the f355 , 360 and f430. Nothing too specific but good primer. Sort of makes me appreciate the less complicated retraction process on my 328GTS! I'm sure Braden will sort it out in no time

3. SandydeG

SandydeG Formula Junior

Feb 16, 2011
    Milford, NJ
    Full Name:
    Sandy de Groot
    Hi Clyde, I know Wil advises to keep the top up during storage. The fabric shrinks, best to keep the top up and fabric under tension. Also it can develop ugly folds.