355 Spyder vs 360 Spyder / I Have 355 thinking about trading for 360???? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

355 Spyder vs 360 Spyder / I Have 355 thinking about trading for 360????

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 355F1Spyder, Dec 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GiveMeSomethingICanUse

Jan 26, 2016
    The 360 is not a very well built car in my opinion. I've never had as many issues with a car as I did with the 2002 360 spider I owned. BUT when it WORKS, it is awesome. Raw, fun, not too quick, not too slow. Tail happy. It sounds decent. Mine had tubi. The f355 with capristo is on a different planet, though. I'd say both are probably equally unreliable, and both will cost you a lot of money in maintenance. The f1 pump WILL go, and there will be electrical issues. As far as looks go I'd say it's better looking than the F355, but not by a lot. I agree with the jelly bean comment, but I also think the F355 has a bit of MR2 going on, plus those retractable headlights look pretty awful when up. The 360 looks way more modern, particularly the back of the car. I think it's more timeless with its more feminine styling.

2. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    IMHO: The 355 is one of if not the best looking Ferrari ever made. According to many polls on here I am not alone in that opinion. It is also usually referred to as the best sounding Ferrari ever. The down side is that it is one of the most expensive to maintain. I can personally attest to that. A 360 is only marginally better mechanically and only marginally faster. I was standing in front of one and a girl that knew nothing about Ferrari's or cars commented that it looked like a pregnant frog.

Personally If I was looking at both I would save a little more and buy a 430 as from what I've seen, read etc. they are probably the best from a mechanical stand point and have a real performance advantage over a 355 or a 360.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    People often think what they have is better than something else, human nature. There is always that bias. Both cars are awesome but if you want something different try a 360, you won't be disappointed. You could always go back to a 355 but that is probably unlikely, you will probably move to a 430 or 458.

4. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Get a gated and don't worry about any of that crapola...