355 vs 2006 Z06 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

355 vs 2006 Z06

Discussion in '348/355' started by livnxs, Nov 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mark328

mark328 Guest

Jul 30, 2005
    Mi
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hands down i would take the 355. It's the overall package that you get with the 355 and I'm not just basing my choice on performance. The 355 is a true exotic sports car not just a sports car

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    correct : 7:96

3. Father and Son Team

Jul 4, 2005
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Amen brother lol I totaly agree with you.

4. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    You missed this one - In 10 years the vette will be obsolete junk, and the 355 will be a FERRARI

5. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I am pleased just to be reading this. Once I committed to spending a chunk of money on a sports car, I went through all the cars in this price range: '06 Audi RS4 (have an audi now and like it...), Z06, 996 911TT, Viper, etc. I even looked very hard (my second choice actually) at a GT40 replica, done up nicely. Let's face it, these are good decisions to have to make, no?

My hands are sweating just thinking about the fact that I should have a 355B within a few months. Will it be faster than my current S4? Probably not in my hands, because the Audi is soooo easy to drive hard. But its not about lap times or zero-60 times or anything like that. The comments from some here just reinforce what I believe: There is just nothing quite like a Ferrari - the sounds, the feel, the aura. Yes, there are faster cars. There are even cars that look as good (GT40 is the only in this group to me...). But they are just not the same.

355 vs. Z06: Its one of those questions that if you have to ask, then you just haven't decided what YOU are looking for.

6. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    #81 Perfusion, Nov 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Obsolete like this car? I hardly think so... In 10 years, many of the new Zs will have lower mileage than 05 F430s.

Consider the currant socio-economic climate in the U.S. - Gas prices have soared causing people to become more fuel conscious; demand for hybrid vehicles is surging; SUVs are sitting on lots, unable to be sold; yet the "Big 3" continue to one-up eachother making bigger, heavier, more powerful cars (DaimlerChrysler's SRT lineup - especially the monster Dodge truck, Cadillac Escalade ESV, Ford Lightning, and oh - don't forget the Hummer H2), that get increasingly worse fuel economy. If history repeats itself, and it always does, it won't be long before somebody steps in and says, "Enough is enough," like the 1970s. If that's the case, the new generation Z06 will be the last - and possibly most powerful - production performance car of its caliber for what may be another 20-30 years. I'd hardly call that obsolete junk.

Remember, cars and not like computers (although they're slowly *becoming* computers) - processor speeds and harddrive capacities will seemingly continue to improve indefinitely. The same is not possible with horespower & torque. At some point, a limit has to be reached. The Z06 might just be that limit.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. asb9987

asb9987 F1 Rookie

Dec 4, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    A. B.
    What planet's time system is that stat from?

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    sorry, typo.

9. livnxs

livnxs Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steven
    You can't run anything but your mouth. If you ever get either one of cars, you can bring it on (from Utah). lol

PS What is a Indian Shark (indshrk), what does that name mean?????

Oh, I did not realize you just got one, Bring it down. If I can't take you in the 355, I will bark all over you in the 360.

10. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I think it's "L"ndshrk - landshark... Where in Cali are you? If you really were interested in running circles around some Z's in your 355, I know several people who'd be willing to let you try.

11. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    reading this thread it seems not really an issue of which is better, but rather an issue of the maturity of those that support one over the other.

A real "CAR" guy appreciates either, one who "wears" his car on his sleeve doesn't own either for the right reasons and only serves to make themselves look very foolish.

Who cares which is "better" at this or that, which has heritage and which doesn't? It seems the "defenders" are the ones that have "issues" and not the cars they choose to enjoy..... which is what ownership is "really" about.

enjoy the ride, life is too short to prove to others that which you really don't understand in the first place.

JD

12. livnxs

livnxs Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steven
    That's my whole point, we are on Ferrari chat and look how many posts are of a Z06. Let's just move on, I love cars, I enjoy hearing about other people's Ferrari's. Ferrari's.

13. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    But that was not my point......

14. livnxs

livnxs Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I know, it's my point.

15. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    in a Zen sense....

totally pointless

16. livnxs

livnxs Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steven

,.i..

17. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    let me butt in this for a sec, my Q is:

Both on stock suspension, can the Z06 out-corner the 355 if they both have the SAME power?

Curious

18. livnxs

livnxs Karting

Mar 27, 2004
    CA
    Full Name:
    Steven

NO...........

19. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne

Easily. Lets assume they both have 380hp. All that means is the Z06 doesn't rev as high before a shift. It still has *immense* grip.

20. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    i wonder what next week's "z06 vs XXX" thread will be.

i'm betting... "z06 vs 550"

21. goldyF355

goldyF355 Formula 3

May 30, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Steve G.
    Yes, this is getting to be amusing, isn't it?

I think the best indicator of how good a performer the new Z06 is can be seen by the amount/types of responses these threads are getting here at Fchat (and probably at Lambo sites as well). Seems like a lot of people are feeling a little threatened.... Now that stellar performance vehicles are being offered at relatively affordable prices, how does one keep ahead of the Joneses?

Relax guys, its a great car! Is that so hard to say? Does it invalidate your own choice of an Fcar ? Don't worry, we all know you could have afforded a Z06 instead!

Some here have treated this new performance marvel with the respect and interest it deserves, others.....well, its a little sad to watch some of the reactions....

22. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    I sold my 355 Spider(1999 Yellow F1 with HREs and Tubi) to get a Z06. I just wanted a change. I wil sorely miss that stunningly beautiful car with that F1 sound singing at 8k rpms. I will probably love the perormance of my new Z but there is nothing like rolling up to the nicest places in Dallas and the Valets moving a new Porsche TT and an SL65 AMG so they can park my 6 year old Ferrari sideways in the front. Only Ferrari and Lamborghini command that kind of respect.

23. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    the z has far more grip than the 355..not even close.....

24. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I take it you are agreeing with me then? [confused]

25. Skipper

Skipper Formula Junior

Sep 24, 2006
    Full Name:
    Frank Drebin
    corvette is american garbage - screams white trash along with trans am and cameros