355 vs Mustang race...finally | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 vs Mustang race...finally

Discussion in '348/355' started by allanlambo, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I smell BS here "saying he had a bad launch" wasn't the Mustang an Auto. How do you have a bad launch in an auto.

2. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Allan,

You should've said, ".....you too, man I had the worst launch ever, I was worried you'd blow by me........guess with your bad launch and my even worse launch there is no reason to do another run."

At the track........give me a break. You could put a 350 pound lady in your car and drive blindfolded and still beat that idiot.

Good show!

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

3. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Just one more nail in the coffin of his argument.....

more lame ones....

Mitch

4. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Ahhhhh, what refreshing news. Glad to hear you beat that guy. What better way to do it then with your wife in the car. Oh she must have had a nice smile on her face. I can't help but remember the picture you posted of her in your SV, giving the camera the bird. Now that would have been really funny if she did that as you were leaving the stang in the dust.

5. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The only common component between these cars is the floorpan. It's that bit of metal on the floor from the firewall to the rear bumper. Everything else is different.

It doesn't matter what is all new and what is old. It is still a piece of ****. I should know! I put 74k in a Fox platformed 5.0 cop car in the early 90's, and I always felt that I was towing a garbage scow around. No amount of money and no mod could ever make this car feel planted and safe. I always felt that I was driving a rubber skateboard down steps in that ****ing thing.

Allan, is this the same tool that said he could take your Lambo in a race?

6. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Bad launch,LOL! If I remember from my drag racing days that is excuse #1003 in the Galloping Donkey's book of Excuses for Getting Smoked.

Dave

7. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Holy crap. I now see the light. Can you see the light? I can see it. I am going to sell my car and buy a Mustang. I can't wait to run around and brag about how my ride will spank everyone. How proud I will be.

Buddy, nobody has a problem with the Mustang. The problem is that this driver was giving Allan & his wife a hard time. Why? Because they drive a Ferrari, and he feels the need to "one-up" them. Allan & his wife didn't go hunting for this guy. He hassled them. I don't care whether the guy was driving a Mustang, Viper, Cavalier, Pinto, whatever. That guy deserved to get whipped, and he did.

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Way to go Allan!

9. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    ALLAN YOUR MY DOG ! Good run...videotape you wife smoking him

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Same guy, thinks he could take my Sv to about 70mph.

Im going to try and go to the track with him, just so i can see what the 355 will really run anyways. I also want to dyno the car again.

11. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Good thing you beat him. Tell him your diablo is a kit car with 100HP then blow his doors off... Blind folded.

12. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Pete,

It's a sad day when you have to rely on someone's theoretical idea of how his Mustang MIGHT perfom against Ferraris to substantiate your position! And without him stating at what rpm his tq was made (which really just translates to hp) we can only make assumptions as to its importance. I would put a smily face here, but I don't like them.

13. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Perhaps you should sell the F-car and buy a Mustang. With maybe 10k in engine and suspension mods, you could easily have a car that would beat most F-cars on at the strip and on the track.

And like I said, you dolt, I DIDN'T READ THE ORIGINAL POST. Next time, see if there are any followups before you decided to try to make me feew wiwwy bad..... :(

14. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Well, since "Cop" trunk model 5.0's aren't auctioned off until 80,000 miles, I guess it's no surpirse that yours, with an additional 74k miles on it, would feel like a skateboard at 157k miles.

As for no mods making it feel better, I guess that's the response from a guy who never looked. The fact is, $150 polyeurethane bushings, a $400 tubular K-member, a $150 shock-tower brace, and a $400 roll cage would have stiffened the he!! out of the car. With a tad bit over $1000 in suspension mods, you car would have been stiffer than most on the road today.

Guys - you can all **** all over the Mustang all you want - but the fact remains, virtually NONE of you have any experience with them in any situation beyond seeing them on the road. I spent years and years wrenching on them, and I know what is possible with one of these with a tiny outlay in cash.

I guess the only way for you to feel better about your car, after all, is to try your hardest to make an 87 Mustang look like crap compared to your cars. Pretty rediculous, if you ask me.

If you want to talk **** about the idiot driver that challenged Ellen, go for it. But why trash the car, too? A Mach 1 costs $26k brand new, and it's a damn fine performer for $26k. Leave it alone, would ya? Some of us really like those cars, and your callous additutes toawrds them are pretty childish.

15. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

I'm not positive, as the dyno was done in 98, but I'm pretty sure the TQ peaked @ around 2500rpms, and the HP peaked around 5000rpms.

16. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Good job Allan - that sounds like a lot of fun.

I have a great visual - top down, sunny in Hawaii, Costco bags all over the show, wife in the car - and you smoke him.. Sounds like fun.

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Nibbles---, shut up already. Russtangs are $hitboxes. All there is to it. I raced a modded supercharged $hitstang in my SV, no nitrous, and whooped his ass. It was quick though. Still just an ugly box on wheels. If i were looking for a cheap car like that, ibuy an old Vette, or a Turbo Mr2 or Supra. Would never even consider buying a Russtang. I remember when i was a kid racing morons in 5.0's in my little Supercharged Mr2, that i pulled the Supercharged sticker off of, and taking their money.

Once a $hitbox, always a $hitbox. Mustang...The real Dancing Donkey.

18. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Nipplesmonkey,

I don't have an F-Car anymore. I have an L-Car now.

19. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    OH MAN

This thread is headed to where the WRX Vs Ferrari thread went.

20. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Nipples-

Thats a pretty LOUD NONE, as I own one, as we have talked about, a 99 Cobra, and have owned a 93 Cobra and a 84LX. I have also been in on builiding a full track car, oh, wait, make that 3 full Fox body track cars.

The simple fact here is that Allan had some guy talk ****, and Allen put him in his place. We do not have to hear your rants how Stangs are so damn great and whatnot, go to a 5.0 fourm and have fun there. Ferrari won, simple. As Allan has said, he had a close run with someone that did have a quick, built up ****ang.

P.S.---tryign to sell my P.o.S. if anyone is intrested...lol

21. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Ellen - supercharged doesn't mean jack-**** unless it's tuned right. I know guys that put a 10lb blower on their stock engine, with stock injectors, stock fuel pump, stock headers, and stock heads, and were pissed when they saw a 50hp gain. Just because the dude was S/Ced doesn't mean it was done in the right way.

Russtang - LOL. Like I've never heard that one before. Good one! (I'm rolling my eyes right now)

I've got a great Idea Ellen - and yes, I AM CALLING YOU OUT.

Give me 20k. With that 20k, I'll build a fox "Russtang". We will then race. If I beat you, I keep the "Russtang." If I lose, I'll give you the car, plus another $20k. You can't go wrong! I'll even race your Lambo!

In addition, I'll limit the car to parts that are Cali Smog Approved only - that means no X-pipes, no stage III heads, etc etc. I'll even stay away from NOS, as I'm not a beleiver in the crap.

So c'mon, Ellen! You're so confident in your Guido-Tractor....let's do this. Like I said, unless you lose, you can't lose.

22. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

PinkHead - try reading the post again. I said "VIRTUALLY NONE".....I am well aware of the fact that some of you have owned and worked on them before.

In addition, just because you own 'em doesn't mean you wrench on them. Of course, you may, but I suspect that you've understand the potential of these cars if you did.....

23. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Sounds great! Let me see your 20K first! And the title to your $hitstang...

Btw, the Supercharged $hitstang i raced was done right, best $hitstang shop in Az. It was turning low 11's on drag radials at the track.

Btw Nibblesfag, if i do race you, it will be a defining moment for me. I try not to race cars that i can buy 20 of, for the price of my watch. So this would be Charity work for me. See, i really am a nice guy.

24. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    What a joke guy! End it already no one cares!

p.s. why do you call him ellen?

25. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Pink head?? How long did that one take? How about:

Carrot Top
    Fire Crotch
    Richie Cunningham

Come-on...at least one that makes sense you dolt.

P.S.---Mustangs still suck. For your 26k Mach One, I will kick its ass with a 20k 4cyl in all fields.