355 vs Mustang race...finally | Page 3 | FerrariChat

355 vs Mustang race...finally

Discussion in '348/355' started by allanlambo, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    Keep on dreaming wannabe.

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Yeah, for 26K, i could build a wicked Mr2 Turbo, or 300Zx TT, even a Supra. I leave Mustangs to rednecks and retards, which are you Nibbles---?

3. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    It runs low 11's, and your SV beat it?

Here you go, Ellen - BULLSH!T!

Unless you've got a **** load of work done to your engine, I don't know of one stock SV that'll "smoke" a low 11 car. You may beat it by a hair, or tie with it, but "smoke" it? C'mon!

I guess, maybe, if you did the "Rice-Boy" blow by, well that can be considered a win, right?

Sorry bro.

4. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hmmm, here we go again.

Lets ignore modifications as it make these threads pointless. I've raced against highly modified Mustang track cars (not wanky drag **** boxes) that would give a STANDARD F40 a fright, and pushed and ex-Le Mans 1980's 911 Porsche.

So lets go back to standard ... a Mustang is a sh!tbox, just as many other cars like it are. Lets face it they make millions of them thus they have to be conservative and worry about cheap construction and other mundane things. End of story ;)

The thing that makes ALL American muscle cars exciting and fast on the acceleration side of things is their huge torque and relatively low gearing ... good for the 1/4 mile and traffic light GPs but that is all ... find a corner or a race track and holy **** these things are slow.

I have personal experience of racing a near standard Alfa Sud (1500cc) against a 351GT Falcon (Australia's muscle car ... which is the same as a Mustang underneath of the same vintage). The Alfa Sud had a faster lap time! ... but the Falcon was faster on the back straight ... whoopy fncken **** their is more to performance than the loud pedal.

Still like the Mustang, especially the fastback but lets not try and make it into something it isn't.

Pete
    ps: Rob time to close another thread :D ;)

ps2: Oh teak360, see how low the peak torque was (under 3000 rpm, fnck all power there), and it still smoked the Ferraris ... torque rules :D :D, Ha Ha ...

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm pretty sure Jordan was just joking. No need to get upset with him.

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    OH MY GOD... this is the funniest thread I have EVER read on this board, keep it going Allan.

7. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have a 63 impala turning out abou 500 HP which I will race any F%$^$^. Old Rebuilt Dodge any day. I would never allow a Found On Roadside Dead even close to my F-car, why would I?

It needs to prove NOTHING! The cheapest american car " Henry Ford said himself that he wanted to make a car eveyone can afford" a ford needs to prove itself everyday! Just the thought of beating a F or L car elevates the driver to where we are everyday.

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J

That dancing donkey gets me every time!! LOL

9. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    HAA HAA HAAA ! Holy shat Batman... this is some funny shat!

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Nibbles, don't be so angry all the time.

11. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    #61 C. Losito, Mar 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Leave my Mopar out of this!

/on a side note:

Quit with the brand bashing folks, lately it's gotten out of hand. Why can't people just like what they like? Sure, the guy who raced Allen deserved it, but lets not make assumptions here.

/on another side note:

I have never seen a Ferrari do this, have you?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Of course not. That would ruin the whole point of a Ferrari.
    But I have seen a 4,000+ lb Impala do that except it got more air.

13. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Why is it doing that - does it have a lot of junk in the trunk?

14. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    If you have a pic of that, I'd love to see it! I believe you, but I REALLY want to see it! :D

Yeah, I know Ferrari is a different animal entirely, that's why I like it. But remember, to each his own!

15. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Heh, and even doing that its slower then an f-40 :)

I've seen a stang pull 1.4x 60's and trap around 114

16. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Rob, are you going to lock this thread? I don't know why Bill started on calling Allan, "Ellen" to begin with it. But it looks like this thing is going to get ugly pretty soon.

17. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    I beleive that particular car ran 9.51 @ 153 uncorrected.

I'm a 'Stang basher myself, every chance I get, but I know in reality it's a fast car. Everybody bench races and talks crap, just don't make it personal.

18. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Good post ... as for the last point, Allan has a picture of (I think) his Porsche doing that big time. Thus if a Porsche can do it so can a Ferrari, somebody just needs to want to ...

Pete

19. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    I have a small coral of Ponys at home and they have been wonderful cars to me. I would deffinately trade them in for a Ferrari any day! But I would still probably find myself buying an older Fox gutting it for a track car....

20. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    I'm not angry Rob. Didn't you see my smilies? I thought that, no matter how insulting or angry a posts seems, with a :) attached, it's all good, right? ;)

21. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    There is one thing the mustang world must realize... mustangs are mustangs, you can make them 1/4 mile beasts but thats it. the postition of the shifter sucks IMO, the car is heavy and bulky, aerodynamics suck, brakes suck, and they dont look any different from the $16,000 3.8L 6 bangers they share their assembly line with. Bottom line is i can show you a VW beetle pulling a wheelie, but try and lap some raod courses in the same cars.

Real cars IMO can do it all, 170mph+ top speed, handling, braking, looks, aerodynamics. Road racing, autocrossing, drag strip, standing mile, etc. You can take a factory porsche turbo and do all of these. thats a real car :)

22. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    And be sure to tell him you're going to do that in advance! He'll be bragging otherwise.

Ken

23. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    You can do all that in a 1969 Plymouth Valiant. Well, minus the aero ;) . Ok, so it'll only do 160. You want the link?

24. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #74 96impalaSS, Mar 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    To each there own indeed :)

Ok it took me awhile to try to find a picture of it happening but I finnaly did.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Well, jeeze, that makes a whole hell of a lot of sense.

A factory Porsche Turbo runs $115,000 bucks. A factory Mustang GT runs $24k. I GUARANTEE YOU that if I spent $115,000 on modifying a GT, it'd put any factory Porsche Turbo to shame.

And Rob, the Mustang world DOES realize this. Maybe an idiot or two like Ellen's boyfriend does not subscribe to reality, but myself, as well as a lot of other Mustang fans, understand the role that a Mustang plays in the world of cars.

But, some of you need to realize that it is fairly easy to make a Mustang competitive against a stock 355 or 360 for a hell of a lot less money. I baffles me as to why you guys are fighting this reality so much. Does it piss you guys off that much that a modified Mustang costing less than $20k cold keep up with your $100k car?

Wake up call guys: Regardless of the Mustang's purpose, a modified one CAN AND WILL BEAT YOUR 355! It may be hard to accept, but it's true. Sorry.