355 vs Mustang race...finally | Page 4 | FerrariChat

355 vs Mustang race...finally

Discussion in '348/355' started by allanlambo, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    #76 C. Losito, Mar 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Wake up call guys: Regardless of the Mustang's purpose, a modified one CAN AND WILL BEAT YOUR 355! It may be hard to accept, but it's true. Sorry.

Maybe in a straight line. I personally think the new Mustang coming out looks great, I wouldn't buy one, but I really like what they did to it. Bill, I think the reason this argument doesn't work is because of the apple vs. orange factor. Anytime you compare a Modified car with a Stock one it doesn't make a difference. As Allan said earlier, you can buy an older C4 Corvette and modify it and not only would it be faster than the Mustang in a straight line, but it would out corner it and out brake it.

The Mustang has its followers, and nothing wrong with that. Not everyone can afford a F-Car, P-Car, or L-Car. But I think it is silly to compare a Pony Car that is strong in one area to these types of cars.

Just my 2 cents.

3. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    What is with the name calling and putting every one down. Why can't we just be civil?

Lets just agree to disagree. THese mustang vs ferrari and wrx vs ferrari are getting old and rather childish.

What is next, my daily driver honda can beat your 600K enzo, so your dumb for buying an enzo? Please different cars for different people.

Let us just get along, see here

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11556 :)

4. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Everyone falls fanatically in love with the best car they can afford, this is what i learned. Bottom line is if you have bill gates bank roll, you would not have a mustang. The reason people buy ferrari, viper, lamborghini, porsche, etc is because they can afford it. Do you think you know somehting they dont? They could afford the same mustang for the same $24,999 and put the same $50,000 into it, but its a mustang still. I always tend to listen to people (like allan) who can afford either route. Their opinion is worth more to me because they have the ability to go either way vs someone who can only afford a $24,000 car and upgrades as the cash become available.

There is nothing wrong with loving the car you've invested so much of your money and time into, but realize there is greener grass out there

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Well put Rob.

6. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    If I became a multi-millionaire tomorrow, I would still drive and enjoy my humble 1970 Dodge Dart.

I like cars, but mine doesn't have to be the best, or the fastest, or the most expensive. It is the one I like, not the best one I can afford. The rich man's wealth is his only strength, the poor man's poverty his only weakness...

7. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    I know a guy who makes around $200k/month. He has a 92 GT with a blown Lightning engine (351W engine, not the new 5.4's.) You'd be surprised at the number of people who make booku bucks and who still like to modify and drive non-exotics.

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    What RPMs were you shifting at...? Racing straight-line in a 355 would have you WELL OVER 100 by the time you're shifting into 4th gear... How long did you go...? A full quarter...? More than a quarter...?

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    As for my Supercharged Russtang race, we raced from a roll, so mph wins, not ET. We raced from about 30mph on.

I see you decided against the 20,000 though? Im on your little race deal, just show us 20K, laid out on a table, we'll deposit it an escrow account, and we'll take it from there.

Anyway Nibbles---, i sympothize with you. If i were forced to drive a car that is on par with a Kia, id throw myself off the nearest Maui cliff.

There is another thread here about feeling bad buying a Ferrari when there are poor people in this world, maybe you should voice your opinions there, so we know real world feelings on this subject.

No matter what you do to a Russtang, even if it ran 3 seconds in the 1/4, it will still be $hitbox. Once your done contemplating that, realize that even the owner of the cheapest Ferrari here, could sell it, buy a Russtang, and modify it to the 10th degree, while you cant even do that.

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Redline everytime.

11. Joe G.

Joe G. Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Joe Gazzani
    Allan you're bad.........
    LMAO !

12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Jeez, Allan getting pretty bad there. But than I agree, if he is going to bring your wife into it, all is fair.

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So how fast were you going...? Redline in third, then popping it into 4th is pretty fast... & in your first paragraph, you said you stopped at a light, revved it to 5 grand, then dumped; then in your recent replies to Nippleslurp, you said something about racing from a roll (30mph)... Are you talking about the same race or two different races or what...? Do i have to call you and physically talk to you about this to get the facts straight...? Don't make me call you, Allan... Please...

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Two different races. The one off the line was in the 355, the race vs the supercharged Russtang was in my Sv.

Please dont call, i cant afford another collect call.

15. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #90 allanlambo, Mar 17, 2004
  16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ok, i see...

Ouch... That's cold... i might just call you later JUST BECAUSE you said that...

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #92 allanlambo, Mar 17, 2004
  18. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Allan, I would almost pay $20,000 just to have some beers with you and hang out for a weekend! Goddammitt you are funny as shat!

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Send me 20K, and i just might even consider it!

20. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nibbler,

I have a 93 LX 5.0 and will it happily eat my 308 in a straight line. It will not, however, out turn or out brake my 308. Even with good suspension mods it is still a brick when it comes time to turn.

I can get a Pinto and drop a monster of a V8 into it and introduce you to my taillights (from afar) for less then 10k. Big deal. It is still a Pinto. It still isn't worth 10k and it will be scrap long before my 308 gets completely retired.

My 5.0 stays in the garage...the Ferrari goes out on patrol. I own both...the Ferrari is better. Do you really think the 93 LX is a better car then the 355? Well, they are better at getting tickets...cops know 93LX drivers can't afford a good lawyer.

-Mike

21. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Um... Is there a "quote of the day" award on this site...? Can we start one...? That was hilarious...

22. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The sad thing here is that because of boneheads like sir Nipplepincher my Mustang LX 5.0 is as expensive to insure as my 308. It is not even my daily driver...same yearly mileage allowance as the 308, never to work, always locked up tight in the garage...same rate. Thanks Nipples!

23. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That's cold man.

24. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    This is the funniest Thread in a longtime. Tell me Daniel really didn't call you collect Allan.

25. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Just kidding, ill do it for 10K.