355 vs Mustang race...finally | Page 5 | FerrariChat

355 vs Mustang race...finally

Discussion in '348/355' started by allanlambo, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And the best part is it is true. There is a rust bucket Pinto in the Houston, TX Westheimer area that is a total piece of junk but it has a V8 shoved into it with some megaballs (when I say shoved...I mean shoved - it is a big block of some sort). It cost the owner just under $6,000 I think.

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Daniel is NNo or Des whatever he calls himself now real name?

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No, i never called him collect... &, by the way, my name really isn't "Daniel"... It's Carbon... :)

4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Allan, my real, full, legal name is Carbon McCoy...

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's awesome... i love sleepers...

6. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Well...this one is not exactly a sleeper. When you hear it you know some serious unhappiness is under the hood. The rear end is also clearly not stock. The explodo-fuel tank has been replaced with a racing tank. I think the tank alone was the biggest expense as the rest of the car is a rebuild (especially the block). I think the owner is in Tomball. It probably looks really bad in the daylight...it already looks rough at night.

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...

8. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    You know, my perception of the difference between exotics and "less than " cars is quite different. I have been fortunate to have had quite a few hi-line cars. I really enjoy the actual driving, and the connection i get with a car that gives me feedback, handles well, and generally does stuff right. I also like high quality, as many of you also appreciate, in the details, the choice and finish of the interior elements, etc.
    But, sitting behind the wheel of some ultra car also makes me realize that it is, in itself, just not everything you fantasize about. I'm not being anti-elitest here. There's nothing wrong with being on top of the world, and driving something on the street that makes you, as owner, as awestruck in having it as a 15 yr. old kid would, but it doesn't change your life, make you a better person, a better driver or even necessarily always improve the driving experience. Call me an idiot, but there are times when i get huge laffs from driving our WRX. Or the M3. My point: we are blessed by the good fortune to own what we want or to aspire to that. Let's just not believe that it makes a whole lot of difference in life, or even in driving itself. Back to your regular channel....

9. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Hahaha! I knew you couldn't stay away from the money issue! What a fukcin' d00sh-bag.

A lambo, an F-car, a nice house in Maui, and you are still a class-less f*ck. ------.

Selling time-shares - yeah, it can be lucrative. But at the end of the day, you're still trailer trash in a nice car. You know what? I took a dump in an F-car much. Didn't do much to raise the level of class of my turd, but it sure did make the F-car stink.

At the end of the day, Ellen, your bank account IS bigger than a college students, and I know how good that makes you feel. But keep in mind that no amount of money can change genetics, and you'll always be a ------. I *almost* feel sorry for you.

Here's a smiley for you: :)

10. LSU348

LSU348 Formula 3

Dec 19, 2003
    Sugar Land
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Has anyone started a pool on how long it will be before the Nipples get pinched off of this board (IP and all)? I'll take "by tonight".

11. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Sorry Carbon.

Hey Bill, it is better when we lambast each other, but why bring the Guy's wife into it?

12. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Cause it's so fun, and I doubt I'd have any respect for a hag who'd marry Ellen.

13. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Nibbly - You are crossing the line big time. Its clear he's getting to you but there's no need to bring wives and family into it..

14. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    This whole thing was started because some idiot with a Mustang over estimated what it would do against a 355. Of course there's a huge price difference and of course you can tweak a Mustang to perform better, and of course they are in completely different classes of cars. THAT'S WHY THE GUY WAS AN IDIOT!!!! Do all Mustang owners miss the forest for the trees???

Ken

15. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Why not? My goal isn't "happy banter" between two nice "London Chaps". My goal is to talk **** to Ellen. Big deal. Get over it.

16. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

you may of had some good points to make in the past. Allans wife needs to left out of your problems with him. RESPECT is something you have now lost from many of us. there are better ways to argue with someone.

17. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

:(

18. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Nibbly - I am not even in this argument. I am just pointing out that you're making a fool out of yourself.

From my vantage point, he is running circles around you and then you resort to attacking his wife. You're the one that suggested the $20K. Not him. So you brought up the money issue - he said cool, Then you didn't respond.

19. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    To Nibblesworth,

Turn off computer. Stay off internet.

20. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Bill, I can understand your frustration with Allan, I have seen it before. Call him what you like, I think that is fine with everybody here, but you shouldn't bring his wife into it. She is not a member on this board and has the right to be left off any arguments. Just my 2 cents.

21. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    A few things to consider here. First is, I appreciate you looking out for me. Second is, it's not needed.

Never have I ever looked for anyone's respect on this board. If I gain it, so what. If I lose it, so what. This is a message board, after all, and it should have no bearing what-so-ever on anyone's life outside the internet.

I made an offer, he refused it. He offers something he knows I can't do - what do you want me to do?

Did I cross a line? Sure...but big deal? What's life if you never cross a line or two? Have I lost the respect of other users on this board? I'm sure I have, but tell me how that affects my real life and I'll be concerned about it.

Here's how I see it: Ellen can talk all the **** he wants about my lady. I'm man enough to know it's an f*kin' internet argument, and since he doesn't know my lady, BIG DEAL. It's playground fighting. I assume Ellen's smart enough to not get his panties in a big bind over comments about his wife. If he ain't, that's his problem, not mine. If he can't take an internet argument, perhapd he should stay out of them.

22. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Wow.....I remember my 1st beer too. Maybe you should call it a night and refresh your "senses" B4 you say something dumb.

23. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Nibble---, i think you should come out to Maui for a little vacation. Id love to meet you!

24. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I love this idea.

25. TopMonkey

TopMonkey Karting

Mar 14, 2004
    Monroe, LA
    Full Name:
    Joel C.
    I find it hard to believe anyone would carry on an argument (much less one on the internet) this pointless, for THIS long.