355 with Mustang Engine...not kidding | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 with Mustang Engine...not kidding

Discussion in '348/355' started by vincent355, May 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Devia

Devia Karting

Mar 17, 2004
    Orange, CA
    Full Name:
    Julie Sczesny
    Yup, sounds like BS to me.

There are ways to bring a salvage vehicle back to snuff, with inspections and such.

But if any police smell the VIN being changed online, that it tantamount to admitting a FELONY!

It doesn't add up. I've been around cars a looong time, and I know of two conversions that have been done well (sure there's others). But they were rear engine to rear engine, or front to front! Examples: Dropping a 'Vette engine into a 944. Looks very nice, when done properly. The other I saw was a 911 engine dropped into a VW Bug.

The people proudly took the pics of their work, and posted the engine bays.

But this Ferrari looks good, ergo, I am going to guess he swiped the pics, and came up with a sob story to sucker someone into handing him money on a kit car.

I hope someone near him grabs the police and fries him legally over it.

- Julie

2. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    This is more like a demodification..

Why would anyone even attempt this?? But remember this, it was common back in the 70's & 80's for people to puchase exotic race cars and swap out the engines to American engines (bastards).. I guess they found it easier to maintain....

Sad

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Those who did that did it because it made those cars faster. Much faster than the cars with the factory engines esp. in shorter races. One of those racers went on to do pretty well by swapping out engines with big american iron. Unlike others when he told Enzo: "Your as s is mine he wasn't kidding."

4. Vibrant_5oh

Vibrant_5oh Karting

Apr 18, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Not just the ease of maintanance, but the ease of modifications, power making, and so on. Making power with an american v8 is almost too easy when compared to an ulta-exotic powerplant.

But i'm against it for the most part. A ferrari should have a Ferrari engine.