355 won't start | FerrariChat

355 won't start

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by speedracer999, Apr 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedracer999

speedracer999 Rookie

Oct 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brad Hong
    Any simple things I can check before towing it to a shop? symptoms that led up to the problem: 1) once i turn the ignition key, the car would hesitate before the starter energized (anywhere from 1/2 - 2 seconds), could not unlock my doors a couple of times with the remote, random problem lights would come on for a split second(f1 tran light, suspension light). Now the car won't crank at all. all other electrical things seem to work but the car just won't crank. I had the battery checked and it is good with a full charge. Could it be a bad starter? is there a simple way to check? I thought about jumping the car.

Thank in advance

2. Square

Square Rookie

Mar 7, 2007
    SE Va
    Full Name:
    Fred Garrett
    Could be the starter. I would look at the battery cables for corrosion before I took it to a shop.

3. Mark 308 gt4

Mark 308 gt4 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2006
    West London
    Full Name:
    Mark Taviner
    Could be a bad earth from the battery to the body, have a check don't just look at them but grab the thick cables from the battery and give them a wiggle just to see if they are tight.

Good luck
    Mark

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Check and clean the battery cable connections, both at the battery, and I believe there is a cable junction somewhere near the battery in the front. There definitely is in the back...under the right side engine compartment cover panel. Remove the three metric Allen screws and you will find the cable junction. Sometimes it can be dirty or loose....so take it apart and clean, then tighten it up good.