355Amber saying hi---------- | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355Amber saying hi----------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Mar 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Great onthemove shots. I wish we could get as many Ferraris out all at once up North. I think it happens about three times a year :(

We used to get loads of runs with a mass of TVRs and that turned heads... but that many F.cars all together must have been a phenomenal site and sound!

It's alright finding all these great twisty roads, but you can't beat a big motorway convoy for impact :D

2. tommo

tommo Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 29, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Julian
    Al, some of the guys had video camers and one in particular filmed officially for FOC - he had a camera mount in his 348, and followed the cars throughout the day. I've got about 6 x 20 second wmv files of the day, which i'm going to get converted to wav files to post on the site.

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Julian,
    can you email the vids pls?

4. amber355

amber355 Rookie

Mar 14, 2005
    Hi to all you guys that welcomed me yesterday! great day on saturday! hope the car wasn't on fire!but hey if it was all good fun and you only live once!!!!!! my little baby is sebring blue.

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi Viv,
    please see previous replies to the news you are joing us.
    Rgds
    Tony

6. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I guess it was "family day" on Sunday? Myself, Geoff (polartech), Julian (has a 348ts but not on f-chat) and maybe Justin are hoping to get together on Sat for a blast, probably meeting somewhere between leeds and hull, so i guess around where you are. Are you free for an hour or so?? Stevef also??

7. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    am i allowed as i dont have a tubi could call at sherburn coffe bar biker place

8. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    all are welcome, more the merrier....sounds good to me..could grab a bite to eat somewhere then call in there

9. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    Yes Yes Bloody YES!!!!!!

Vic is away darn sarf on Friday night and I'm not sure what time she is due back - will it be earlish before all the DIY lemmings are out and about? Me and steve are about half way between Leeds & Hull. The Shell station just by J36 of M62 is easy to find, though depending on route I'll fit in anywhere.

I was going to ring you anyway Dave to ask about this damn thermo-coupler to ECU connection. Anyway, i found it last night, unclipped it, blew it a bit, brushed it with a wire brush, blew it a bit more then put it back together. No idea if this will help or not - next step is take the sensors out from the test pipes and strap them to some handy strut, if that fails, looks like new emissions ecu unit at £350!

Is there any "Good connect" type spray that you can get just to cover all bases?

Lost the left bank twice on Sunday - both times came back after a few minutes... luckily it behaved whilst I was giving the bikers four barrels of best Ferrari soundtrack :D

(sorry for the thread diversion! :) )

10. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Good Good!! While the cats away the mice will play :)

Ill show you a good trick what Ive done with my sensors but yes there is some very good spray which ill bring along with me, I did every connector I could access when I 1st bought my car, its from America and its a contact enhancer (£50 for 5ml) very expensive but so far Ive not had any electrical issues.....I know one of my ECU's sensors is faulty, thats why mine are disconnected.

Im up for meeting anytime really, but would prefer sometime around 10am?

Geoff, Steve, Justin and Jamie (can you ask Jamie Geoff)- you up for this???

11. burriana

burriana Formula 3

Jul 8, 2004
    North Yorkshire UK
    Full Name:
    AL
    10 is fine by me.

Should we organise this by email guys, save clogging a thread up... or start another thread?

12. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    already started a new thread ;)

13. polartech

polartech Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Geoff
    No. You`ll have to come on the fizzy. ;-)