News

For Sale 360/430/599/612 Flamblocs in Delrin or Poly

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by Sky Hye, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    As the title lists I am now manufacturing upper and lower Flamblocs for the following cars:

360/Spider
    360CS
    430 Scud/16M
    F430/Spider
    612 Scaglietti

I offer entire assemblies ready to install or just the inserts. They are machined to oem Spec using high grade materials. No cheap off the shelf materials from Mcmaster Carr.

Pricing is as follows:

Upper Flambloc:
    $240 with delrin each
    $275 for Poly each
    $55 for just the poly bushing only

Lower flambloc:
    $220 for delrin each
    $250 for Poly each
    $55 for just the poly bushing only

There is an energy suspension kit that offers the poly insert. That kit unfortunately does not have an intermediate sleeve between the bushing and the main shaft, which will lead to cracking and failure. My kits have Teflon inner sleeves to eliminate failure and necessity of lubricant.

Please contact me for custom kits. The more I make the lower pricing gets so I’m open to group buys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Upper shock mounts (softblock) are in development.

3. 24000rpm

24000rpm Formula 3

Aug 31, 2012
    Asia and the U.S.
    sorry I have to ask terminologies. I don't understand the difference between insert and bushing.

So for example $275 each for poly, is that the "thing" that's ready to be pushed into the control arm? If it is, what is the $55 poly bushing?

I am guessing $55 is part of $275?

pictures would help a lot

4. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    24000RPM,

Great question. I apologize for the confusion sometimes things sound better in my head than they do written down. You are right about the $275 assembly, It’s everything you need and it essentially replaces the oem parts.

Some people have expressed their concern about pricing so a compromise is to supply only the replacement inner bushing. This way you reuse your parts and only upgrade the worn rubber. I don’t recommend this because you are refusing used/worn parts. I’ve attached a photo of the poly piece which is in red.

A bit about the materials and use of a flambloc for those wondering:

The difference between poly and Delrin is stiffness. Delrin is a Teflon like material and very stiff. Teflon is in fact softer and does not hold tolerance well so it’s not always a good solution.

If you want a stiff ride I’d suggest delrin. If you want a tight ride and a bit stiffer than oem poly will be a best Middle ground.

Each vehicle requires 8 upper and 8 lower.

Flamblocs are what attach your wheel assembly to the car. They go between the wishbones and bolt to the chassis. OEM are rubber and wear and crack. Upgrading will lead to a stiffer, more solid ride. Better steering response, minimal body roll and a more solid suspension feel. My next steps are the sway bars and steering column play.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Makuono likes this.
  5. Metastable

Metastable Formula Junior

May 4, 2018
    Canada
    Hey Sky do you have a link to an installation or replacement of the flamblocs..... even if it is just oem? I am having a hard time visualizing everything..... I am sure it will be simple enough when I see it.

Thanks

6. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    I will take screen grabs from the manual when I get home

7. composvoti

composvoti Rookie

Oct 16, 2016
  8. Colin koh

Colin koh Rookie

Jan 27, 2018
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Colin koh
    So u have pictures of the completed flambloc i would consider to get a complete set for my car as I believe mine had worn off

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app