360 6 speed conversion kit | FerrariChat

360 6 speed conversion kit

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by redlightrich, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. redlightrich

redlightrich Karting

Jul 28, 2009
    north New Jersey USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    #1 redlightrich, Dec 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello all, what we have here is a kit, that contains every nut, bolt, screw, clip, wire and assembly, including instruction to convert a F1 equipped 360 to a 3 pedal gated shifter.

I have done this conversion 3 times at this point and it is a bolt on, with the exception of a gauge cluster setting. This is easily accomplished by Francorchamps.

This kit has the cables, shift assembly, trans selector assembly, pedals, motronics, hydraulics, hoses, pipes and more.

If you long to shift your 360 yourself, here is the answer. Many of these parts will help for a 430 conversion as well, but that conversion is more complex, and would require a few more parts.

I need 5500, and if you price the items, you will see this is a very good price.

Also, I will be glad to walk the purchaser thru the process. This really is not a difficult job at all, as there is NO fabrication or cutting required. Also, it is completely reversible.

Thank you

Rich
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Krissygurl74 and Marcio Rocha like this.
  2. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
    This is very cool -- good luck with sale...

3. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    this is so awesome. i bet if you started offering kits like this for various ferrari models you could make a fortune. i hope to get a scuderia and do something like this one day.

Caphill likes this.
  4. dantm

dantm Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    YYZ, BOS, SFO
    Full Name:
    Dan B.
    I think this is basically limited to the F355, 360, and F430. Maybe the 612 as well and some extent the 599 although I think there are very few manual parts for these last two. The new models are 100% F1 with no manual option available.

This kit would definitely be very welcome for the F430 market where the 6-speed models command a nice premium imho.

5. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    ferrari did offer the 612, 599 and even the california with a manual option. so surely there must be a way to convert those models from f1 if one was inclined to do so. especially on the latter cars where manuals are extremely rare i'd think these kits would sell like hot cakes.

6. Walt35

Walt35 Rookie

Oct 28, 2012
    I thought this process would cost a fortune! wish I wouldn't have already spent my Christmas money or I would have definetly purchased this kit. I hope whoever purchases this kit post a step by step process :)

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    5500 is definitely a LOT less then I thought something like this would cost.

Wish I had the cash for a CS today...

8. Asmod3uS

Asmod3uS Karting

Apr 6, 2004
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There is no need to replace or modify the transmission?

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The gearbox etc are all the same. F1 basically replaces a bunch of cables with hydraulic hoses. That's the simplistic way of saying it...

10. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I think so too!

11. redlightrich

redlightrich Karting

Jul 28, 2009
    north New Jersey USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Thanks for the kind comments. No, the transmission and clutch are exactly the same parts.

Like I said, I have done this a few times. Whoever buys this kit, and yes, the price is fair, will also get help and direction from me. It really isn't that hard.

Thank you

Rich

12. coledoggy

coledoggy Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    ole miss
    Full Name:
    todd
    Would this work for a cs?

13. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Todd, your prayers may have been answered. This would make an excellent first project for the garage!

14. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    My thoughts exactly. Makes me want a CS even more...

15. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    That is too cool. Is this your last conversion kit or can you sell kits easily?

16. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    This is probably much cheaper than replacing the hydraulic pump for the F1.

17. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    I've heard of f1 replacement and repair costs pushing 10k so I think you're right

18. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I know, I came very close to buy a F1 355 some years ago. I always do my homework before buying something so after reading all the nightmare stories about the F1 I changed my mind. But anyway I prefer the gated shifter ;-)

19. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I wonder if there is any difference between LHD and RHD kits?
    Might be a bit keen once I learn a bit about this gauge cluster setting.
    And can this really be done without any special diagnostic bits?

20. George in NH

George in NH Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2013
    What additional bits would be needed to do an F430? I would probably be a customer because I'm starting to get frustrated in my search for a manual F430 in the color I want...especially when I see F1 cars in that color!

21. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    About all I can see as a CS issue would be the carbon console, as there is not a factory part like it for a manual option.

This is cool for certain. I have no issue with my F1 but even I would consider this reversible swap - even if it were just for fun.

I will say that I remain amazed that some people don't yet understand that the transmission parts are essentially the same. Only the shifting mechanism is different for the F1. More people need to grasp that basic & simple fact.

22. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    If I can't afford a scuderia to convert ill probably sell then 360 for a C'S and enlist the OP's help in swapping the tranny.

23. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Sent you a PM.

24. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If I were you (and I had the time) I would publish a price to install the system for someone if they flew you out to their town and put you up. A price and a time frame. Seriously. I'll bet you would get many takers. I personally know a guy who gets flown all over the world to install superchargers on NSX's.

25. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Great thread!

It would be very interesting to see how this could enhance the value of a CS.