360 at Switchcars | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 at Switchcars

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ron328, Mar 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. secondsole

secondsole Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2013
    O-H!
    Full Name:
    Michael
    F1 cars were a $10k option on the sticker, now a 6spd is a $10k option...this is a real number. NOT MANY SPDS LEFT.

PM me if you'd like to talk, I was in the car twice, heard it, felt it, smelled it! (ended up with a F430 6spd)

2. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    I had an late '04 6 speed 360 spider with a factory optioned challenge exhaust. It is definitely much better than the F1. I would pay a premium to get the 6 speed anytime assuming everything else is the same.

3. smoltz

smoltz Karting

Mar 10, 2012
    If there aren't many left, where have they gone? Any facts to back that up? I looked in CPI and Galves last week, both show F1 as higher than manual. I'm not saying that F1 is worth more, but I'm not sure I agree with your assertion that manual being worth more is accurate.

Certainly amongst a group of enthusiasts there is likely a preference for manual, but for other buyers I'm not sure that's true. It's like when you go on a BMW forum and someone lists a poll for manual or auto. Inevitability 70% of responses are manual yet BMW actual sales figures are considerably less than that. This is accounted for by the fact that the online BMW enthusiast community his disparate tastes from the general BMW buying community.

Certainly there are more Ferrari owners that are enthusiasts than there are BMW owners, as a percentage of total owners, but it's not 100%.

4. secondsole

secondsole Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2013
    O-H!
    Full Name:
    Michael
    18k were built, ab 10% were manual, a third of that went to the states...we can assume there are ones that have been wrecked, rusted, not taken care of, high miles, etc...so yes, there aren't a lot out there to get.

How many red, 6spd, low mile, perfect ones are for sale on eBay, Dupont, Cars, Trader? Almost zero. Sometimes, ....zero.

Start shopping, you'll see...

5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    In the three years I have been watching...1 or 2 (perfect on paper) low miles, gated manuals pop up each year, not always red.

6. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #31 Ron328, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    LOTS of 360's for sale, but couldn't find one that fulfills all criteria - '02 or >, red, manual, COUPE, original wheels, etc.. Less than 20k miles should be fine.

Maserati of Sacramento has 2 nice ones ($92k). I would have jumped on one but they're both F1

I have nothing against F1 btw. (I am not ruling out getting one; just not my first choice).

7. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #32 Kevin Rev'n, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I got curious....the market has a few up for sale now. This is from Ebay and Cars.com
    Funny the black one in OR was the perfect one that was available a couple of years ago when I was shopping. This owner must feel strongly about the market since it is now due for all service items and he is asking 3K more than before :-O
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I have to give her credit for understanding why I need a 360! :)

9. Aorta

Aorta Karting

Nov 17, 2013
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jared
    Just for curiousity purposes...why does it have to be a 2002 or newer? Were there significant changes?

Btw, you have good taste...Red 6sp Coupe...! Mine is a 2000 with those specs...they are a blast...handle great, look great and are a ton of fun to drive. Wish it had slightly more torque and power...but then again I guess a 430 would take care of that. Overall I enjoy the heck out of my car...Good Luck with your search and def. don't settle until you find one you "have to have."

10. allen_993

allen_993 Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Allen
    If your even considering an F1...that one at M of Sacramento looks very good. If it was a manual we'd both be racing to get there...lol!

11. allen_993

allen_993 Karting

Jul 3, 2006
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Allen
    When I hear/see someone say this...it simply tells me that they have not been on the hunt for a manual in the last 6 months to a year. Looking for facts? Try this....check all the usual sources...you WILL find 95% or more are F1 cars...and probably 85% or more are Spiders. IMHO...that is fact enough.

12. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yes you have a keeper. I do too!

13. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    +1 on Doug with Switchcars. He only sells the best. I hope to have his reputation someday. :)

14. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Finding a great RED manual gated 360 is no easy task. You could easily look for a year and not find one. Yup, this car is premium money for a 360...Doug is awesome to deal with. So, maybe you could hope to find one and get it for a few thousand less....but then, the odds are that you really won't...

The medium seats are a concern though...I would make sure you fit and accept that will be an issue for resale (I have no idea how big of an issue, but it will come up). Of course its a RED GATED 360....so its a bit of a unicorn as is...

Let us know what you do...

EDIT: I've seen this car before...how long has Doug had it for sale? If it wasn't there, it was listed somewhere else a few months or more ago...

15. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron

16. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #41 Ron328, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014

Ha-ha! Probably. But no worries. I am past the excitement stage. If I miss out on a car then it's not meant to be for me. To "complicate" matters I have a 328 to trade in unless I sell it soon.

Good luck on your purchase. Keep us posted.

17. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron

I learn something everyday. What's a medium seat? I am slim, 145 lbs and 5'8. Hope that's not a problem.

Don't know how long it has been for sale but I saw the ad 4 weeks ago.

18. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    You will fit nicely in the medium racing seat...fatty like me, not so much :)

19. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #44 Kevin Rev'n, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Ron
  21. L.I. Adam

L.I. Adam Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    east norwich, Long I
    Oh you dont want to smell that mountain air with the top down...lol

22. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming

This illustrates how hard it is to find a good coupe gated 360. And how steep the asking prices are. It ain't easy to find a good original one! Let alone red. If one really wants such a car, you simply have to be willing to act when one enters the market and pay up. Otherwise...good luck!

23. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    +1 good luck with your search. Definitely put a challenge exhaust if it does not have one. Would sound much better.

24. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    True. I think it is a good play though and sort of protects the downside so paying up now shouldn't be a tough decision.