360 at Switchcars | Page 3 | FerrariChat

360 at Switchcars

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ron328, Mar 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrarisun

ferrarisun Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2011
    Question, on the early 360's, if some, or none of the service campaign's have not been done on a car, will Ferrari still take care of those issues/upgrades at no cost?

2. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Nice, thanks! I thought this angle was worth a snip....

..."The "blame" lies in that the people buying these new aren't really car people, or at least not drivers. They are seekers of status who don't want to be bothered with a clutch that can ruin their very theatrical arrivals and departures. The cars are accessories to an image and you don't want to stall coming out of the valet.

Don't hate these people, shallow though they may be. They perform a vital function in the used exotic market: they absorb the initial depreciation, and help regular people get around Ferrari's infamous lists. Their cars come on the market quickly because there is always a newer shiny object out there,"...

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    FNA are not obligated to do anything with campaigns, however, I believe FNA will still make things right if there are cars with campaigns still out.
    I purchased my '99 360 in late '06 and they performed the variator campaign for me.

4. Jay13

Jay13 Rookie

Apr 6, 2011
    Nice car - but pushing 430 territory (not at 8k miles, of course), isn't it?

As for OP's car, can someone look closely at the pic on Switchcar's website that shows the right rear brake duct? It's the last picture before they start the tire shots. Maybe it's just my iPad, but when I zoom in I see an odd outline near the lip that almost looks like cracking or crazing???

5. spdrcr

spdrcr Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I noticed that too. I believe that is an application of clear film paint protection.

6. Jay13

Jay13 Rookie

Apr 6, 2011
    Ahhhh. Good eye. Now that you mention it, it does look like a film crease.