360 Carbon Fiber install pictures | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 Carbon Fiber install pictures

Discussion in '360/430' started by Carnut, Jan 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    So far I have only done the interior pieces, I have challenge front and rear grills from the factory, but I am doing the airboxes.

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    A fellow UK Fchatter is thinking of putting a carbon rear grill on his 360 Spider and i haven't seen any pics of it . Do you know of any ?
    Thnks
    Tony

3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Tony:

Contact Chris at Valence, I'm sure he can do it.

4. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    http://www.tabville.com/gallery/spider
    These are TubiStyle CF parts (I've never seen them installed in a car except for these pictures) They look to be a little less gloosy than Valence's. i hope to install them on my car and will show it to local socal 360 owners.

5. udalmia

udalmia Guest

that's russ' album you got there boxter

6. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Those are nice overlay pieces...looks good.

7. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH

Agreed. I'd like to see one with black leather, that would be trick. BTW, very nice pics.

8. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Looks great... especially with the tan interior... way better than aluminum with that.

Did you weigh the parts you put on and the parts you took off? I'm curious the weight differences.

9. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
    Looks super. Congrats!

10. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    They are not overlays. They are replacement parts. They are wonderfully crafted and very expensive. It is too bad that the factory does not offer them as an option! Would have saved me a lot of work!

Russ

11. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    There is a big weight difference, I would say less that half the weight of the stock pieces. It seems strange to me that Ferrari does not offer Carbon Fiber as an option, they do on the Maserati.

12. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    In regards to the shine, I took those pictures in Algars bay, poor lighting and not the best camera.

13. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch

The original center console was SO heavy when I took it out, I was actually surprised Ferrari would even put it in the car. There are LOTS of places on the 360 that are way overbuilt. It would be nice some time to see how much weight could be trimmed off of one by replacing, removing or trimming/drilling the existing parts.

If weight was really that big of an issue to me, I would not be in a spider, but none the less, it would be great to have a 360 that came in at 2600 pounds!

Russ

For pics of my car:

http://www.tabville.com/gallery/spider

14. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003

Chris produces perfect stuff - I had several parts made - quality is above Tubi Style Carbon and way above the Stradale Carbon - the shine comes from the flash

look at one of the pieces from Valence I have!

15. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Shine is one thing but I'd be interested to know if the stuff that Valance produces is actually any lighter than the stuff the stradale has inside.

16. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Indeed... but not just if its lighter, but exactly how much lighter (measured in lbs or kg, not in "my right arm says"). If I can save 50lbs with some trim changes, I'll be all over it like... well, you know. ;)

17. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Absolutely. the precise difference is very important. Although I would be surprised that the difference is any more than 15-20lbs. Furthermore if this is the case it'll be very important to know at what cost and therefore be able to calculate $/£ per lbs to check out value.