News

360 Cold Start Stumble and Rough Idle

Discussion in '360/430' started by dsevo, Jun 13, 2007.

1. spyros tsiamantas

Dec 9, 2019
    Cyprus
    Full Name:
    spyros tsiamantas
    Okay sir thank you very much
    I will try and I will let you know
    Regards

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. spyros tsiamantas

Dec 9, 2019
    Cyprus
    Full Name:
    spyros tsiamantas
    Thank you very much
    I will try and I will let you know

4. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    Thanks for sharing that. I will surely try it. I’ve seen a lot of threads on this issue.

I’m sure there may be many reasons for the cold start issue but this is an easy remedy for a specific cause that changing parts won’t fix.

-ray

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

spyros tsiamantas likes this.
  5. vwpartsman

vwpartsman Karting

Aug 19, 2013
    Washington
    My car was doing a really rough start, even after sitting for 4-5 hours......I’ve read all the threads and this spring when doing maintenance, I cleaned the MAF’s, put a new battery in, which it needed and cleaned the throttle bodies.......when I was tightening the throttle body, the rubber boot starting turning where it meets the intake. The left side did but the right side not as much. I could grab the throttle body and turn it easily with my hand with the air cleaner clamp unhooked. The stock clamp from the boot to the intake is a clamp type, not screw type clamp. It’s was way too lose right there. So I pinched the clamps tighter on the intake side and all the clamp type clamps that I could find, big or small. It’s never cold started better. Yes I changed/cleaned a lot but I think it was the loose clamp that caused it all. I’ll probably pull all the pinch type clamps and replace them with screw type ones one day.

I hope this helps on some cars.

spyros tsiamantas likes this.
  6. spyros tsiamantas

Dec 9, 2019
    Cyprus
    Full Name:
    spyros tsiamantas
    Thank you very much for your answer and your help. I will check and I will let you know
    Thank you very much again

7. To remove this ad click here.