360 coupe for sale (6Speed) | FerrariChat

360 coupe for sale (6Speed)

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by Drew_4RE, Jan 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    #1 Drew_4RE, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Bulldozer27

Bulldozer27 Karting

Jan 29, 2005
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Wow, I'd say GLWS, but totally unnecesaary as this should sell fast.

3. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    did i miss the MY?

i'm cheering for you lol I have a red/black 360 manual that's mint but i don't think i could get 89k for it.

4. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    It is way too high, nice car and GLWS!

5. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    That's a nice car. IT will sell. 6 speed all the way!

6. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    But at what price...

7. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    More info, or a listing?

8. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    Its a 2003.............Previous owner was asking 90K...

9. Ostensible

Ostensible Rookie

May 22, 2013
    West Los Angeles, CA
    Tillack in Redondo Beach sold it for $85K.

10. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    ...and then a fresh major. Clean manual cars bring the buckaroos!

11. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    That is a nice one!

12. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Thank you guys for the compliments.

I don't understand those people who talk like I'm not in the room. If you have a question or comment, ask me. No big deal. I've sold a lot of my cars to a lot of Fchatters, and I'm positive everyone of them would endorse me.

Albert, what should the asking price be for a 2003, 6speed with under 20k miles and a fresh major?

13. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Thanks buddy!

14. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Price is where everyone gets huffy.

Buyers go online, see them on cars.com or ebay and say, "The market is $65K." because there are cars listed at that number, who cares if they have 60K miles and need a major and are blue with green interiors.

Sellers go to the same place, pick the top priced cars, figure theirs are better and say, "The top end is $100K, but mine's super clean with a major, so $110K."

In the end, it's worth what is sells for, and a seller who prices too low leaves money on the table, and a buyer who tries to buy too low does a lot of shopping and ends up with what he's paying for, a blue car with green interior.

If I see a nice car, in this case what appears to be a very nice car, in resale red/tan, with a six speed stick, I'm thinking premium car. Low miles, just had a major. If I was shopping for this car, I'd pay close to the asking price, but I'd still try to squeeze what I can out of the price. I think this car is a good deal at $80-85K. Not a steal, but a good deal.

Don't want a good deal? Want a great deal? Then you need to find a highly motivated seller, or a less attractive car.

15. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    Interior shot?
    How much did the major cost and who did it?
    Enjoy the Countach - My dream car!

16. SinVancouver

SinVancouver Rookie

Oct 20, 2013
    Great post... always surprised that people who may be in the market for a six figure toy often seem to forget how supply and demand works.

S

17. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    75-79k more realistic . 89k is more of a spyder price .

My $.02

Drew has been around and had his share of cars so those who know him, know its a good car.

18. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    No offense meant, am sure the car is clean and you may find a buyer at that price but I believe that somewhere around $75K or $79K would be more realistic. As we all know we can ask anything for just about anything it's just finding the right buyer for that item at that price. Like I said originally GLWS, hope you get what you want for it as it trickles down to all or cars! That being said I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for.

19. Sweet928

Sweet928 Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2011
    CA
    Recent major service and a manual trans...ready for years of trouble free fun. GLWS.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

20. Bulldozer27

Bulldozer27 Karting

Jan 29, 2005
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Is this based on you actually being in the market for one in this configuration in California recently? If not, you're two cents is actually worth zero to those of us who were.

Drew, before I got mine, I actually missed out on yours by a few days last year. Ignore the armchair experts as it's always the guys in the nosebleed seats who whine the loudest.

21. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    You guys are forgetting the red and manual premium, as well as Daytona seats. I believe this combo is harder to find than you think. There is 1 car on eBay that even comes close and that's the 04 with 11K miles at Switchcars with an ask of $105K. $89K seems fair when compared to that! As Dave said, it is going to be worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it...even if it's $89K.

22. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Am just following certain markets as I am in the market for a 550 or possibly a 575 6 speed.
    If I recall we live in the USA where we are all entitled to an opinion. As I originally posted "IMHO"

23. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    good thing it's a not a 355. those guys would be saying the car is severely under-priced at 90k lol

24. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    You can always lower the price. It is hard to raise the price when you have realized that you priced it too low.

It is a beautiful car, low milage, 2003 MY, with one of the most desirable color combinations (red/tan), with daytona seats and a 6-speed manual transmission.

Give it some time to see what the response to the ad is like. It might be priced a little too high, but not by much. People always like to barter a little bit, and the higher price gives you some room to negotiate. I would buy it if I could liquidate some money that I have tied up in motorcycles.