360 CS are priced in the $130's now | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 CS are priced in the $130's now

Discussion in '360/430' started by gatorgreg, Nov 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarista3

Ferrarista3 F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2007
    MC/UK
    Full Name:
    Carlo
    +1 :rolleyes:

2. 4retr

4retr Formula Junior

Nov 21, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    David B.
    Gotham Historian check around early 6 speed 430 coupes have been less than Stradales for quite sometime now. However I don't know of any clean ones selling in the $100K range.

3. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well they made 1315 F40's so hardly super rare, though divide it up around the world and it is a rare beasy. I would buy one tomorrow if I could, Enzo 1 Million gbp an F40 250 k gbp. And the F40 is a true icon of it's age too, so has some space to grow. Now the 360 CS is alos pretty rare, 112 in the UK and it will have it's following long aftern the 360 is no longer desirable. I think people get caught up in this 'collectable' thing, there is a world of difference between smal volume bespoke offerings and a volume car, but a 360 CS will be sought after and collectable, just do not expect it to pay for your retirement, but in 30 years time, people will want them, a lot. And they made 1288 so it is rarer than an F40... But yes, it looks like a 360. The CS will lose more money yet as the Stradale comes down, but will bottom out, somewhere near the 40/50K gbp area and then stick, maybe for years. It depends what people want, making money with cars , then look more to real classics of the 50's to 70's or if they want a modern icon, that will lose realtively little, and keep one for ten or more years, and will work out very cheap, and you will end up owning a relatively rare car, that will be as desirable in 20 years as it is now. Well that is my 5p or 20 cents.

4. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Besides putting you or your passenger out; its required for street/competition events, which suits the car well.

CS is THE car to have IMO, aside from the supercars of course

5. TimsBlack16M

TimsBlack16M Formula 3

Jan 27, 2005
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

Tim

6. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Here's a funny one ...

If someone doesn't buy my car soon, I'm going to raise the price. :D

What's the worst that can happen ... I'll have to keep it?

G

7. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Seems that's what most of the dealer's are doing with their cars that don't sell....

8. PorscheFanatic

PorscheFanatic Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2004
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Felix Winqvist
    link?

9. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
  10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    #35 stokpro, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Funny how that same TDF CS continues to make its rounds. It was offered for sale privately by an Fchatter (11/08), then by Silicon Valley AutoGroup (4/09), then by VIP Tuning (8/09), then again by Silicon Valley AutoGroup (10/09), then by Cats Exotics (10/09) and now by Driving Emotions in Lake Park, Florida (11/09).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. HREU

HREU Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Florida and Turin
    Full Name:
    Ed Colburn
    Gorgeous TF 360CS....perfect after market bits as well.
    Would love to know what this sells for......

12. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Exactly. Trying to make sense of this strategy... I've seen this done recently with a 355 fiorano spider where the price went from $97k to $99k to now $105k. ROTFLMAO!! Good luck with that.

There's another TDF CS for sale and the (private) seller started price at $165k. Two weeks later he lowered to $145k and now raised to $173k. Perhaps he doesn't want to sell it all that bad.

13. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I know it's different in the UK, where pretty much every Ferrari is rare in RHD.

But I doubt the 360 series in any form is going to be collectable, especially in 30 years when early 2000's paddle shift and other technology won't be worth restoring.

The F40 is probably a better bet as it is an icon, as you say, and different from the ground up when compared to its famous stablemate, the 308/328.

360 CS is a good car to buy and drive. For investment, best to stick to the classics.

14. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Not to say that this is my reasoning, but ....

Maybe after trying to play in the CS price wars, one with what seems to be a perfect car comes to the realization that he's competing against, what he feels, are lesser and storied cars. Now maybe by raising the price, he hopes to separate his car from those so called second tier cars.

I am not saying any cars in particular are second tier cars, but, there are certainly a number of them making the circuit.

G

15. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    +1 Agreed.

In talking to another Fchatter recently about unloading his pristine striped CS he came to the realization that there is nothing comparable for the price. That said, he's going to keep the car unless he can get a serious premium. Make sense.

16. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Good point about paddle shifts, I also want to see who can afford to look after their carbon brakes when it comes to discs and pads. Ouch ouch and ouch. One thing on a super car, another thing on a CS, Stradale or F430. Conversions back to standard maybe, certainly a lot of Porsche owners have been doing that in UK with their GT3 cars.

Daytonas and Dinos are looking good value in the UK at the moment, and the 288 GTO doubled in price over the last 3 years. F40 is the next one to jump so they say here, as the Enzo has opened up the market, and people look for value. I grew up in the 80's and would love to have an F40, but sadly would mean selling the house....hmmmm