360 Detailed Manual Transmission Conversion | Page 3 | FerrariChat

360 Detailed Manual Transmission Conversion

Discussion in '360/430' started by AleGJ, Apr 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I see you packed and catalogued (per your words), a part of the steering wheel base housing. I think some people have sent this piece to sticky refinishing companies like StickyRX to be redone with a new durable finish. Now could be a good time to get that done?

2. AleGJ

AleGJ Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    North Italy
    My ECU are fine, as I got them second hand from a wrecked German manual 360 (so same market specs as mine).

Regarding the cluster reflash I hope I can have it done here in Italy or at least here in Europe. As you would understand If I can avoid to ship it to the States and back will be better.

Well the steering column cover you see there is the F1 version that I don't need anymore now. Is true that I'm not selling the F1 parts, but in my car the potentially sticky parts for now are in very good shape and don't need a refurb yet.

3. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Ok. Understand... I had mine sent to FoA since I had my ECU’s converted as well, you see.

Anyway: During my search I came in contact with Eric355 (here on F-chat). Turs out he can do the cluster, so new tip of the day: Send your cluster to him and have it sorted out.

Oh - by the way - got the plug today. Super fast shipping!
    Thank's for the tip!

4. Caphill

Caphill Karting

Nov 9, 2016
    I suppose they could. I got a blood spattered but otherwise new looking passengers sun visor from a wrecked car. Our cars are a bit like vampires that way. In time I think we’ll just 3D print the parts we need. They won’t be original, but at least they won’t have a sordid history.

5. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
    Samiare likes this.
  6. Ahtim

Ahtim Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    HK/China/England
    Full Name:
    W
    Part list?

Samiare likes this.
  7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I've already written the feature to ' convert ' a working dump of you EXISTING ecu's from F1 to H-gate and vice versa.

Its all part of the 360 Swiss Army Knife tool which is currently in beta. This means you can convert either way at any time with just a software re-flash which the tool will support - No messing around with having to swap out your ecu's which should significantly reduce the cost of this conversion since no messing around with the immobilizers (pair of), swapping left and right ecu's and keyfobs.

All your original stuff will continue to work as its all your original stuff! We just change the software configuration of your existing ignition computers to think they are F1 or H-gate. The design of the software by Bosch was to support Both H-gate and F1 in the same software release, just its configuration differs depending on the model.

8. JosephFIN

JosephFIN Rookie

Sep 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Joseph al Sharif
    Is there any list of the parts that I would know what to buy to do this conversion to my 360? Thank you :)

Samiare likes this.
  9. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Very nice write up,

what do you think the parts cost came to?

Samiare likes this.
  10. Angus ferrier

Angus ferrier Rookie

Jul 28, 2018
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Angu ferrier
    where can you buy the conversion kit to change f1 to manual and how much?

Samiare likes this.
  11. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I remember that someone in the past put together several kits for sale. I haven't seen anything recently, though.

Although there have been murmurings from another forum member......

Kevin

SS288GTO likes this.
  12. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    They're going for over 10k nowadays.

13. Angus ferrier

Angus ferrier Rookie

Jul 28, 2018
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Angu ferrier
    would be worth it especially as the potential for the f1 costing a lot to repair. hope to get the list and slowly try and get the bits over time so if anyone can give me a email or shop name that would be great

14. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

15. Nevin Liber

Nevin Liber Rookie

Aug 16, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nevin Liber
    I'm dismantling a 2000 360 Modena that had a 6-speed manual. My email is [email protected]

16. Akylaw

Akylaw Rookie

Dec 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Anthony Law

17. Akylaw

Akylaw Rookie

Dec 13, 2020
    Full Name:
    Anthony Law
    Hi, I am looking for a complete conversion kit including the TCU, could u suggest where I could get a set?

18. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  19. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    what does the dash look like in a manual? is the gear box indicator number screen just black?

20. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams
    I am working on my long shot too. I’m on a list to purchase a kit to convert. I’ve made a deposit and last I checked I was 2nd in line. That means that someone (x2) would need to total their “Three Pedal Car” and that the broken car would be purchased by the company I am working with, and that all the parts are in a useable condition.

I saw an incomplete kit on ebay for $13k a couple of years ago. It was missing a key part (Shift Cable Anchor Forging) that I could have made.

$20k is ahhhh bit much.

So of the 4,749 Three Pedals made world wide, I only need one...

21. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

for oem setup, yes. For converted cars, I don't know.

22. Patrickd_21

Patrickd_21 Rookie

Feb 9, 2020
    Montreal Quebec
    Full Name:
    Patrick D
    Do any conversion kits exist out there?

23. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

yes they do

24. modificator

modificator Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Apr 12, 2020
    Florida
    Full Name:
    George
    @Patrickd_21 I will have a complete kit available shortly, a lot of parts are already done and some have already been used by members who were missing something to complete their builds. PM if you are interested in participating in the initial deployments. I'm not taking any deposits, just the names/contact information. When the kit is ready you get notified and you can buy it with an immediate shipment of the complete kit.

brogenville likes this.
  25. Keith360

Keith360 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2015
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Keith Williams