360 door handles/latches/cables? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 door handles/latches/cables?

Discussion in '360/430' started by DanNE, Jun 24, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    #26 Mikael-F360, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    It sounds strange that both cables would have snapped at the same time. Inside and outside cables?! Usually you can open the door one way or another. Sounds that the cables are seized and oiling them would help. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Or it can be the lock itself that is jammed. From moisture or temperature changes (and oh yes we get a lot of those here in Finland.) I just had a problem with the drivers door not getting locked. Wouldn't stay closed.

I fixed it by looking at instructions on how to open the door panel from Aldous Voices site. Removed the door card, oiled all the mechanisms and the reassembled it. Works great now.

But since you can't remove the door card while door is closed makes this a painful problem. I hope you get it fixed easily!

2. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    :eek: How much? It does seem owning a Ferrari outside of Europe and not doing DIY is expensive.

3. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I purchased a used door lock and cables from a Exotic used car parts dealer out of California (on the web). I paid $250 for the latch and cables. It took several hours for me to do the work as I took my time. There are VERY detailed instructions if you do a search on how to do the work yourself. There is one item missing in the instructions which is a large Philips head screw inside the interior door handle that is hidden behind a flap of leather. Not the funniest job to do, but not very difficult either.