360 end of production? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

360 end of production?

Discussion in '360/430' started by TommyO, May 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    In that case you probably will never be satisfied with a Ferrari unless you have the dough for the top dogs like an ENZO.
    Cars like Z06 and Viper will ALWAYS be faster than a Modena/replacement I think. Think about it, that is the ONLY edge they have on Ferrari, they will not want to lose the HP war. It is easy for them, they just keep stuffing the bigger displacement engine in it, while Ferrari tried to tune higher hp from more advanced tech.

2. 360spiderguy

360spiderguy Rookie

Nov 23, 2003
    Montreal, canada
    I was expecting a 360 spider late 2004. Sales rep (good friend of mine)suggested I may want to wait until 2005. Got a 1997 F355 in the mean time.. Dealer got my licence plate: he selected plate number 434 XXX....Get it guys?

3. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    what in the hell are you talking about?

most dealers don't have an "inside" track. nor does fna. hell for that matter, ferrari spa is trying to determine when and where to release new info. when ferrari spa is good and ready to release info, they will. "they" don't take deposits on what is to be released as "they" don't have to. "THEY" will sell any new model faster than the new model can be built. ferrari is VERY secretive about new models as the new models create demand. as long as the "old" models are still in demand, ferrari will still move product. look at all models, and the last years of productions always carry the highest range of values, why would ferrari jeopardise profit? ferrari will move forward as they see fit. true enthusiast (such as myself) will always buy cars. ferrari does NOT cater to the one time buyer. although in the short term it may seem so, that is NOT where their profits come from.

4. TommyO

TommyO Rookie

Apr 9, 2004
    Hey WCH,

I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from. You're a lucky guy to have a CS and I respect the car immensely. I admit I may have come off as comparing a 'vette and modena directly, which as you pointed out is such a subjective comparison.

thanks for understanding.

p.s. Wood,

point taken, but trust me, I will definitely be satisfied with a Ferrari!

Cheers guys.

5. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Thanks, man! I nearly lost my faith!

6. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    2005 for the new Spider seems a bit early for me. Perhaps your dealer meant you should wait for the Modena successor introduction in 2005 and then order your Spider for 2006. Also 434 doesn't look like proper name of a Ferrari at all. I think it will be "430".